1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Mephisto
By hoss on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I Purchased a 1990 ford F-150 Picup in may of last year. though My truck is not the greatest it is alot of fun to drive. the fuel economy is very poor however that is a result of poor maintenance and mistreatment. The body is in excellent shape for a 13 year old truck. the only problems I have had with my driveline were self inflicted. And even though the truck sucks gas and eats all of my money i am quite pleased with it's overall performance and handling.

I love my truck!
By FordGirl on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my truck from a friend at about ~70,000 miles. He hadn't done anything to maintain it, with the exception of changing the oil and hoses. It even had the original tires. I have to say that it is the best purchase I've ever made. It has required almost no maintenance, and just refuses to die. Mine has a straight six, that has effortlessly towed anything I've hooked up to it. It now has ~165,000 miles and is definitely showing it's age, but I still have nothing but positive things to say about it. I'm getting ready to buy a new vehicle, but I've decided to keep the truck, just because I can't bring myself to part with it.

Ford For Fun!
By Danny Marsh on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I drive my ford to and from work every day 13 miles. I drive during the day occasionally... I have to fill up every four days (I fill at 1/4), but I love the fun of ride. I like the accel. I love it when I drive and people think they can beat that guy in the old ford. I got the 5.0 and E4OD. It is great at the line and GOOD at puddle hopping. There is a three foot puddle I hit every week and this truck can go down, up, and thru the puddle.

Work Truck
By mrkmvk on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

Don't think I would buy another one, unless rusting on body and gas mileage has been improved.

Solid truck - I'll buy another one
By Mason on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

All around nice truck for work or pleasure. Pulls a 6,000 lb trailer as easily as it goes to the grocery store.

Dad's pickup
By farner on 03/13/02 19:58 PM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

good farm pickup. Had light use, mostly on oiled roads.

Ford
By Cale Osborn on 03/13/02 10:32 AM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

It has been a good truck.