1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Build Ford Tough!
By Aaron on 02/07/09 08:01 AM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I inherited this truck from my grandfather after he passed away. I got it in 2005 and it had less than 50k miles on it. It just now hit 93k. It had been babied until I got it and since has been used as a daily driver. I would say that this is a highly reliable truck. Mine has the 4.9L I-6 in it, which is the better motor. Although it is not easy on the gas, better than the V8 though, and alittle underpowered for serious hulling and highway use, it is a great everyday, in-town driver. Mine is in great shape, and only recently starting to show rust. I still have people checking my truck out and commenting on how nice it is. They don't build them like that anymore! A+ Ford!

Well-Built Truck
By rufus1959 on 01/27/05 17:55 PM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've had this truck for the last 11 years and it's been a reliable, tough truck. I have had very few problems and they have been minor. The motor, tranny, and clutch have never needed any work done to them. The chassis is extremely strong and the truck rides well. Never needed front wheel alignment. Interior still looks good and the exterior paint still shines. I admit I have taken very good care of it. Built like a tank.

Mephisto
By hoss on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I Purchased a 1990 ford F-150 Picup in may of last year. though My truck is not the greatest it is alot of fun to drive. the fuel economy is very poor however that is a result of poor maintenance and mistreatment. The body is in excellent shape for a 13 year old truck. the only problems I have had with my driveline were self inflicted. And even though the truck sucks gas and eats all of my money i am quite pleased with it's overall performance and handling.

I love my truck!
By FordGirl on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my truck from a friend at about ~70,000 miles. He hadn't done anything to maintain it, with the exception of changing the oil and hoses. It even had the original tires. I have to say that it is the best purchase I've ever made. It has required almost no maintenance, and just refuses to die. Mine has a straight six, that has effortlessly towed anything I've hooked up to it. It now has ~165,000 miles and is definitely showing it's age, but I still have nothing but positive things to say about it. I'm getting ready to buy a new vehicle, but I've decided to keep the truck, just because I can't bring myself to part with it.

Ford For Fun!
By Danny Marsh on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I drive my ford to and from work every day 13 miles. I drive during the day occasionally... I have to fill up every four days (I fill at 1/4), but I love the fun of ride. I like the accel. I love it when I drive and people think they can beat that guy in the old ford. I got the 5.0 and E4OD. It is great at the line and GOOD at puddle hopping. There is a three foot puddle I hit every week and this truck can go down, up, and thru the puddle.

Dad's pickup
By farner on 03/13/02 19:58 PM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

good farm pickup. Had light use, mostly on oiled roads.