1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great Truck
By jamescrane on 01/29/12 18:34 PM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

bought my truck for 75 bucks when i was 16. guy was taking it to junkyard. bought a used altenator for it she lasted me two years. now thats a buy. o did u mentioned when she finally went she had 270000. the guy before me was no saint with her and neither was i xl with a 5.0

Build Ford Tough!
By Aaron on 02/07/09 08:01 AM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I inherited this truck from my grandfather after he passed away. I got it in 2005 and it had less than 50k miles on it. It just now hit 93k. It had been babied until I got it and since has been used as a daily driver. I would say that this is a highly reliable truck. Mine has the 4.9L I-6 in it, which is the better motor. Although it is not easy on the gas, better than the V8 though, and alittle underpowered for serious hulling and highway use, it is a great everyday, in-town driver. Mine is in great shape, and only recently starting to show rust. I still have people checking my truck out and commenting on how nice it is. They don't build them like that anymore! A+ Ford!

Awesome Truck
By toomanytolist on 04/20/06 21:04 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck as been fun to drive. The only problem I've had is having to replace a brake line. It uses a lot of gas but it well worth it just to drive it.

Well-Built Truck
By rufus1959 on 01/27/05 17:55 PM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've had this truck for the last 11 years and it's been a reliable, tough truck. I have had very few problems and they have been minor. The motor, tranny, and clutch have never needed any work done to them. The chassis is extremely strong and the truck rides well. Never needed front wheel alignment. Interior still looks good and the exterior paint still shines. I admit I have taken very good care of it. Built like a tank.

Just a good ol' truck
By txtruck on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Great truck. If it layed down today it would not owe me a dime. I have owned it for 11 years. It had 16k miles when I bought it, now has 117k, only paid $12.5k loaded out. Best vehicle purchase I ever made. Wow, can it pull a boat. Used to pull my 3500 lb ski boat through the Ozarks and pass cars going uphill with the a/c blasting-temp gauge stayed perfect. No rust problems- spent most of it's life up north. When this one gives up I would like to buy another just like it-only a different color-after 11 years I am really tired of the 2 tone brown. I call it the milky way on wheels.

Great Truck
By T. Lo. on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

A great truck built like a tank but suprisingly quick. Mine has the 5.0 (302) and it is a great motor, it gets this beefy truck moving pretty quickly, this engine is a torque monster with good horsepower. My truck has a great highway ride with plenty of passing power. It can also do smokey burnouts if the need arises.

Great Ford Truck
By dubs on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

This is the one of the best trucks ever made. It has a lot of towing capabilities, it is 2 wheel drive but it is still pretty good offroad, it has an extreme amount of torque and pretty high horsepower too, it has the 5.0 (302) and it will keep up with Hemi dodges and most other trucks too. The truck has a smooth ride, especially for the huge suspension that it has. It is also built like a tank. This truck is good in almost every aspect.

my truck
By shaggydog on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

Over all it is an ecellant truck except for the rear quarter panels are bad for rusting.Perhaps better material woould have made a difference.The only problem mechanically is the starter sticks and the idle sensor needs replacing.

Just a great truck.
By justin on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

I actualy have reacked this truck and totaled it. A S-10 going 60mph. T-boned me. And a left unharmed. Thank you for producing this truck Ford!

Just a great truck.
By Justin on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)