Used 1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Truck
By jamescrane

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

bought my truck for 75 bucks when i was 16. guy was taking it to junkyard. bought a used altenator for it she lasted me two years. now thats a buy. o did u mentioned when she finally went she had 270000. the guy before me was no saint with her and neither was i xl with a 5.0

Build Ford Tough!
By Aaron

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I inherited this truck from my grandfather after he passed away. I got it in 2005 and it had less than 50k miles on it. It just now hit 93k. It had been babied until I got it and since has been used as a daily driver. I would say that this is a highly reliable truck. Mine has the 4.9L I-6 in it, which is the better motor. Although it is not easy on the gas, better than the V8 though, and alittle underpowered for serious hulling and highway use, it is a great everyday, in-town driver. Mine is in great shape, and only recently starting to show rust. I still have people checking my truck out and commenting on how nice it is. They don't build them like that anymore! A+ Ford!

Favorite Features

Easy to see out of, dual gas tanks, cruise control, hot heat & freezing AC, reliable, durable, easy to fix, sits up high. Best part, I feel safe driving driving it because of it's tough and ridged build.

Suggested Improvements

Lighter tailgate, standard alloy rims, inside door handles lower than expected, needs cup holders, more speakers.

Awesome Truck
By toomanytolist

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck as been fun to drive. The only problem I've had is having to replace a brake line. It uses a lot of gas but it well worth it just to drive it.

Favorite Features

I have a 4 in. body lift and 36 inch tires so it is awesome to take to the creek.

Well-Built Truck
By rufus1959

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've had this truck for the last 11 years and it's been a reliable, tough truck. I have had very few problems and they have been minor. The motor, tranny, and clutch have never needed any work done to them. The chassis is extremely strong and the truck rides well. Never needed front wheel alignment. Interior still looks good and the exterior paint still shines. I admit I have taken very good care of it. Built like a tank.

Favorite Features

Good engine (5.0 L), tranny(4 speed manual),vand clutch. Good interior and rides well. Strong chassis.

Suggested Improvements

Power windows slip and below average mpg.

Just a good ol' truck
By txtruck

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Great truck. If it layed down today it would not owe me a dime. I have owned it for 11 years. It had 16k miles when I bought it, now has 117k, only paid $12.5k loaded out. Best vehicle purchase I ever made. Wow, can it pull a boat. Used to pull my 3500 lb ski boat through the Ozarks and pass cars going uphill with the a/c blasting-temp gauge stayed perfect. No rust problems- spent most of it's life up north. When this one gives up I would like to buy another just like it-only a different color-after 11 years I am really tired of the 2 tone brown. I call it the milky way on wheels.

Favorite Features

Power, quality and dependability

Suggested Improvements

Power Windows and locks. Better gas mileage.