1990 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great Truck
By jamescrane on 01/29/12 18:34 PM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

bought my truck for 75 bucks when i was 16. guy was taking it to junkyard. bought a used altenator for it she lasted me two years. now thats a buy. o did u mentioned when she finally went she had 270000. the guy before me was no saint with her and neither was i xl with a 5.0

all around great truck
By johnie tyler on 06/30/09 11:33 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab LB

i bought my 1990 f150 lariat with the 5.8 (351) windser it is the best truck i ever drove has lots of power fully loaded. Everything is stock fixing to put a throtle body spacer and cold air intake on in. Truck is quick at getting to speed and great for pulling boats and campers and you cant eveb tell its back there most the time smooth riding and will roast them for about a block all stock if anyone wants a great truck i would get one of these there is only 12% of these trucks made with the 351 in it best old truck you will ever drive.

Build Ford Tough!
By Aaron on 02/07/09 08:01 AM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I inherited this truck from my grandfather after he passed away. I got it in 2005 and it had less than 50k miles on it. It just now hit 93k. It had been babied until I got it and since has been used as a daily driver. I would say that this is a highly reliable truck. Mine has the 4.9L I-6 in it, which is the better motor. Although it is not easy on the gas, better than the V8 though, and alittle underpowered for serious hulling and highway use, it is a great everyday, in-town driver. Mine is in great shape, and only recently starting to show rust. I still have people checking my truck out and commenting on how nice it is. They don't build them like that anymore! A+ Ford!

Built to last
By John on 01/25/09 10:53 AM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

My dad bought this car back in 1995 from my grandfather's work. He paid I think 3000 for it with 175,000 miles. It's now 2009 has 300,800 miles and it still runs strong. The 4x4 still works great the paint has no clear coat fading or splitting. Nothing has been changed besides starter battery and maintenance otherwise it's all original. It's not the prettiest but definitely not the ugliest. It's well worth your money to buy one and it will last forever.

Awesome Truck
By toomanytolist on 04/20/06 21:04 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck as been fun to drive. The only problem I've had is having to replace a brake line. It uses a lot of gas but it well worth it just to drive it.

Well-Built Truck
By rufus1959 on 01/27/05 17:55 PM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've had this truck for the last 11 years and it's been a reliable, tough truck. I have had very few problems and they have been minor. The motor, tranny, and clutch have never needed any work done to them. The chassis is extremely strong and the truck rides well. Never needed front wheel alignment. Interior still looks good and the exterior paint still shines. I admit I have taken very good care of it. Built like a tank.

Just a good ol' truck
By txtruck on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Great truck. If it layed down today it would not owe me a dime. I have owned it for 11 years. It had 16k miles when I bought it, now has 117k, only paid $12.5k loaded out. Best vehicle purchase I ever made. Wow, can it pull a boat. Used to pull my 3500 lb ski boat through the Ozarks and pass cars going uphill with the a/c blasting-temp gauge stayed perfect. No rust problems- spent most of it's life up north. When this one gives up I would like to buy another just like it-only a different color-after 11 years I am really tired of the 2 tone brown. I call it the milky way on wheels.

Fordz Awesome
By HurleyXP on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Extended Cab LB

I bought my truck in sept of last year. I love this truck she had 120,000 miles on her when i bought her and i've put about 30,000 on her. She can climb mountains and she can offroad. I have had so much fun in her. She is also one of the most reliable trucks that I have ever owned. I have only had to replace the alternator in the time that I have had her. She starts every morning and takes me to work. I love my ford!!!

Great Truck
By T. Lo. on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

A great truck built like a tank but suprisingly quick. Mine has the 5.0 (302) and it is a great motor, it gets this beefy truck moving pretty quickly, this engine is a torque monster with good horsepower. My truck has a great highway ride with plenty of passing power. It can also do smokey burnouts if the need arises.

Great Ford Truck
By dubs on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

This is the one of the best trucks ever made. It has a lot of towing capabilities, it is 2 wheel drive but it is still pretty good offroad, it has an extreme amount of torque and pretty high horsepower too, it has the 5.0 (302) and it will keep up with Hemi dodges and most other trucks too. The truck has a smooth ride, especially for the huge suspension that it has. It is also built like a tank. This truck is good in almost every aspect.