Used 2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Base Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic - (18 reviews )

SMOKIN SIZZLIN HOT!!
By greg berlin

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Last year is 2004 what a machine!

Best I Ever Drove
By Slick

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I rate this truck as the best I have ever had, a few slight problems but NOTHING to stop me enjoying every minute in it, its a very USED truck in my stable-it never gets the chance to sit idle- I even use it as my towing vehicle for my show (I'm a travelling showman)... I use it mainly for fun, but the serious side of my business is "Colossus, The Jet Trike", you can see what I do for a living by going on "You Tube" and typing in "Colossus The Jet Trike"...This truck pulls a 2 ton trailer with my jet trike on it - like it does without it there!!! You want a REAL MANS TRUCK? - THEN THIS IS FOR YOU!!! If you want gas milage get a pretty little Honda or something...lol

Just about everything about this truck fits its ID perfectly...Just Remember...if you want gas milage get a 1 litre Honda or something...Hey, if you are worried about the gas that much Mercedes do a SMART CAR that would suit you!!!!! Thats got a 600cc engine..Bwaaahahahahahahahaaa!!!!!

Front track control arm balljoints need to be upgraded to re-grease type...Steering arm balljoints same...I am heavy on the steering and had to replace them, need replacing again soon too!!! ...lol... THAT is the only little problems I have found since owning this truck...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!

Raze 00'Lightning
By Raze

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Have had some paint problems with the truck (covered,repaint)Black. Have gone thru the 100K mi. todo list all ready. Two recalls on the truck, intercooler and the cruse control. Did go thru a set of tires. But, upgraded the exterior with 04' stying while changing tires, from signal mirrors to the wheels. Added Ram air hood to help the gas mileage. Anywhere from 9/12 city - 15/18 on open road. Very happy with it.

Handling, and the way it stops.

Upgrade the shocks to Bilstien, rotate the tires often. Keep up on the oil changes.

2000 Lightning
By KMC

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

This truck handles better than the same year Z28 (which I just sold). Acceleration is excellent; when the boost kicks in you better be holding on. I don't understand the towing package as being standard equipment. Other than that it is the highest quality vehicle I have owned.

Body style, interior and performance.

No towing package as standard equipment.

Graffiti Days Relived
By Jon David

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Most fun street sweeper I've had since 1967. Great looks, handling, comfort and smooth speed. What a ride!

The acceleration is strong, with the addition of the custom built tonneau cover. Track worthy, its handling is solid and predictable. Classic styling that makes it a keeper. Showroom stock it outperforms the newer models due to higher boost.

Absolutely none.