2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
Best I Ever Drove
By Slick on 07/14/09 14:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I rate this truck as the best I have ever had, a few slight problems but NOTHING to stop me enjoying every minute in it, its a very USED truck in my stable-it never gets the chance to sit idle- I even use it as my towing vehicle for my show (I'm a travelling showman)... I use it mainly for fun, but the serious side of my business is "Colossus, The Jet Trike", you can see what I do for a living by going on "You Tube" and typing in "Colossus The Jet Trike"...This truck pulls a 2 ton trailer with my jet trike on it - like it does without it there!!! You want a REAL MANS TRUCK? - THEN THIS IS FOR YOU!!! If you want gas milage get a pretty little Honda or something...lol

Raze 00'Lightning
By Raze on 11/04/07 14:48 PM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Have had some paint problems with the truck (covered,repaint)Black. Have gone thru the 100K mi. todo list all ready. Two recalls on the truck, intercooler and the cruse control. Did go thru a set of tires. But, upgraded the exterior with 04' stying while changing tires, from signal mirrors to the wheels. Added Ram air hood to help the gas mileage. Anywhere from 9/12 city - 15/18 on open road. Very happy with it.

2000 Lightning
By KMC on 02/04/06 22:35 PM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

This truck handles better than the same year Z28 (which I just sold). Acceleration is excellent; when the boost kicks in you better be holding on. I don't understand the towing package as being standard equipment. Other than that it is the highest quality vehicle I have owned.

Graffiti Days Relived
By Jon David on 02/03/06 01:37 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Most fun street sweeper I've had since 1967. Great looks, handling, comfort and smooth speed. What a ride!

Tire Smoking Fun
By RTStabler51 on 06/10/05 10:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

From the day the 99 Lightning came out I loved the truck. Finally, in 2004 I could finally 'afford' one. The Lightning was my first truck I have ever owned and loved every minute of ownership. Minus the lacking gas mileage the truck gets (you have to pay to play), there isn't really anything to improve on. The Supercharger whine is addictive! I have gotten many compliments on the truck and it has kept a wide grin on my face. I drive this truck DAILY in the Washington, DC area with no issues! I would recommend anyone looking for a utilitarian type vehicle to snag one of these up in a heartbeat!

Better than you think it is...
By WV SVT on 12/30/04 12:38 PM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

This is a unique 'niche' vehicle, and being such will get you plenty of attention. My '00 dyno'd at 308 wheel HP/363 lb/ft torque in 10/04 with just an intake and new plugs. Buy a Lightning, and you will not regret it. Torque is a lovely thing, and L's have plenty. You can haul stuff, too (I haul a race car on a trailer with mine, no sweat). No, it isn't the most efficient vehicle out there. Hello? It weighs 4,800 lbs and has a supercharger! If you want efficiency, Toyota sells the Prius. Lightnings are the anti-Prius. This is one of -if not 'the'- funnest vehicle I've ever owned. Excellent daily driver. Mid-13s in the 1/4 mile. It does it all.

HMMMMMMM
By sirdriftalot on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

GAS GUZZLING BEAST... major turnoff.... Not as was as claimed... 280 dyno'd truck w 28k miles.. black sucks too

my toy
By djxrey on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

i am very happy i bought the truck... I recommend anyone to buy this truck... only downside is the gas mileage

LOVE MY TRUCK
By fordsvtowner on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Ever since buying this truck, i've had a blast driving it. There's nothing out there like it. Can't wait to see the new 2004 next year.

Black & White
By Lucky Girl on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

We have a Black 2002 Lightning and a White 2000 Lightning. Terrific if you like the non-stop attention. However, you might need to keep a stealth vehicle on the sidelines, because you can't sneak around town in these!