1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )
My fifth Lightning, Not Kidding!
By BadBolt on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

New 2000 New 2001 Used 1999 Used 2001 Used 1999 It's a sickness. I guess I can't get this truck out of my blood. The Lightning is now a legend. Get yourself a low mile one while you can. They are going to be more difficult to find from here on out. I have never had any issues with the five I've owned. They tow like crazy. I think this will be my last, as I have the one I want for the long run. Only drive this one in the summer and it's never seen salt. The only thing about the 99's is the spark plug threads in the cylinders only has four and if you're not keeping up on maintenance, you can have a plug blow out. Just make sure you check them for gentle tightness and don't over-boost the motor

Lightning Bolt
By Santopete on 02/18/10 22:29 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Bought this truck used in Jan 2010 with only 39K miles on it. One of the prior owners added a pulley, a Diablosports tuner and quite possibly a demon in the engine. The reason I mention that is because I was already traveling at about 60 mph when for the first time, I really hit the gas and literally got pinned back in the seat. The whistle of the Supercharger only added to the thrill while the truck accelerated to blatantly illegal speeds almost instantly. At no time during that experience did I feel that the truck was topping out, it just kept pulling. There is no hesitation at any speed and the power can best be described as instant and indefinite.

Incredible Truck
By Greg on 04/06/06 21:10 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

This truck is incredible. The horsepower & torque is neck snapping. Didn't realize there was a truck built that was so fast & that handles so well. Love the interior styling. This vehicle equals my Corvette in speed.

This is one Great Truck
By Bill on 11/07/05 17:09 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

From new it turned heads, beat muscle cars and sports cars. The most surprising vehicle I ever owned. Still has fresh looks and will for years. Excellent reliability. No mechanicals but two recalls performed without issue. Traction can be an issue in damp conditions due to extreme horsepower. Where else can you haul hay, tools, boat or camper while beating all but supercars up to 1/4 mile. Takes only chip upgrade and air filter to equal 400hp. Bullet proof drive train up to 500hp.

fast truck
By si on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Hold on tight. This is a fast truck that can hug the road.

BLONDEINALIGHTNING
By BLONDEINALIGHTNING on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

i LOVE MY TRUCK!!!

Best truck yet
By ??! on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I have had many types of trucks. I have also spent a lot of time on my trucks. I have found the most exsilirating truck I have ever seen ( under usual paments) This truck is an excellent choice for the fast sportlike truck. This truck is very fun to drive and easy to clean.

BILL'S GREASED LIGHTNING
By WILLIAM H. SIMS on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

PURCHASED TRUCK IN NEW JERSEY FROM FRED OPERT RACING. STORY IS TO LONG TO TELL EVERYBODY HOW I BOUGHT IT AND LIVE IN CARMEL CALIF.. DROVE TRUCK FROM JERSEY TO CARMEL & TOOK 6 DAYS HAD A BLAST AND FIGURED I COULD GET A GOOD BREAK IN ON ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN. EVERYTHING WENT WELL EXCEPT WEATHER, A LOT OF RAIN, SNOW AND SLIPPED BEHIND TWO TORNADOES BUT THE LIGHTNING HANDLED GREAT THROUGH IT ALL. I PUT 3600 MI. DRIVING BACK NOW HAVE 12,000. USE FOR SHORT TRIPS AND CHALLENGES ON PERFORMANCE. STILL STOCK.

1999 Lightning
By Greg Machala on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Truck is ideal for anyone who wants a pickup and a sports car but can't afford both. Dealership is outstanding in all respects. I would recommend Ernest Mcarty Ford of Pelham, Alabama to anyone interested in a Ford purchase.

Fastest Truck
By Jonathan Wood on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Its very fast for a truck