1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1999 Ford F-150-svt-lightning - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )

1999 F-150 SVT Lightning Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
My fifth Lightning, Not Kidding!
By BadBolt

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

New 2000 New 2001 Used 1999 Used 2001 Used 1999 It's a sickness. I guess I can't get this truck out of my blood. The Lightning is now a legend. Get yourself a low mile one while you can. They are going to be more difficult to find from here on out. I have never had any issues with the five I've owned. They tow like crazy. I think this will be my last, as I have the one I want for the long run. Only drive this one in the summer and it's never seen salt. The only thing about the 99's is the spark plug threads in the cylinders only has four and if you're not keeping up on maintenance, you can have a plug blow out. Just make sure you check them for gentle tightness and don't over-boost the motor

Favorite Features

Looks, power, blower whine, towability. The other thing that I really like is these trucks really respond to high performance tuning. It is not uncommon to get a Lightning in the 11's with not too much effort and investment. Just don't go over 450 hp without forged internals like rods, crank, piston

Suggested Improvements

Start making them again, maybe a turbo. Yeah, a turbo!

Lightning Bolt
By Santopete

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Bought this truck used in Jan 2010 with only 39K miles on it. One of the prior owners added a pulley, a Diablosports tuner and quite possibly a demon in the engine. The reason I mention that is because I was already traveling at about 60 mph when for the first time, I really hit the gas and literally got pinned back in the seat. The whistle of the Supercharger only added to the thrill while the truck accelerated to blatantly illegal speeds almost instantly. At no time during that experience did I feel that the truck was topping out, it just kept pulling. There is no hesitation at any speed and the power can best be described as instant and indefinite.

Favorite Features

The power of the engine is INCREDIBLE. and the aggressive look of the truck body coupled with the wide tires makes it pretty obvious that it is no normal F150. I may never sell this truck.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I could suggest is longer back roads and less highway traffic so that you can see what this truck can really do. Unfortunately, it accelerates so dam fast, the back roads are too short and the highways are too crowded....hit the gas and you are right up somebody's bumper.

Incredible Truck
By Greg

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

This truck is incredible. The horsepower & torque is neck snapping. Didn't realize there was a truck built that was so fast & that handles so well. Love the interior styling. This vehicle equals my Corvette in speed.

Favorite Features

The horsepower & overall styling.

Suggested Improvements

Power rear window & power passengers seat.

This is one Great Truck
By Bill

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

From new it turned heads, beat muscle cars and sports cars. The most surprising vehicle I ever owned. Still has fresh looks and will for years. Excellent reliability. No mechanicals but two recalls performed without issue. Traction can be an issue in damp conditions due to extreme horsepower. Where else can you haul hay, tools, boat or camper while beating all but supercars up to 1/4 mile. Takes only chip upgrade and air filter to equal 400hp. Bullet proof drive train up to 500hp.

Favorite Features

Looks, speed, handling and versatility.

Suggested Improvements

None. A perfect truck for the road.

fast truck
By si

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Hold on tight. This is a fast truck that can hug the road.

Favorite Features

The whole truck

Suggested Improvements

deeper exhaust note

BLONDEINALIGHTNING
By BLONDEINALIGHTNING

i LOVE MY TRUCK!!!

Favorite Features

THE SUPERCHARGER

Best truck yet
By ??!

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I have had many types of trucks. I have also spent a lot of time on my trucks. I have found the most exsilirating truck I have ever seen ( under usual paments) This truck is an excellent choice for the fast sportlike truck. This truck is very fun to drive and easy to clean.

Favorite Features

The V8 and HP

Suggested Improvements

make a model with 4 door in the future

BILL'S GREASED LIGHTNING
By WILLIAM H. SIMS

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

PURCHASED TRUCK IN NEW JERSEY FROM FRED OPERT RACING. STORY IS TO LONG TO TELL EVERYBODY HOW I BOUGHT IT AND LIVE IN CARMEL CALIF.. DROVE TRUCK FROM JERSEY TO CARMEL & TOOK 6 DAYS HAD A BLAST AND FIGURED I COULD GET A GOOD BREAK IN ON ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN. EVERYTHING WENT WELL EXCEPT WEATHER, A LOT OF RAIN, SNOW AND SLIPPED BEHIND TWO TORNADOES BUT THE LIGHTNING HANDLED GREAT THROUGH IT ALL. I PUT 3600 MI. DRIVING BACK NOW HAVE 12,000. USE FOR SHORT TRIPS AND CHALLENGES ON PERFORMANCE. STILL STOCK.

Favorite Features

POWER, HANDLING, LOOKS AND WATCHING HEADS TURN AS I PASS THE BM"ER AND PORSCHE.

Suggested Improvements

THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF IS HAVE FORD RECALL THE HARLEY F150 AND SHIP THEM ALL TO AFGHANISTAN.

1999 Lightning
By Greg Machala

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Truck is ideal for anyone who wants a pickup and a sports car but can't afford both. Dealership is outstanding in all respects. I would recommend Ernest Mcarty Ford of Pelham, Alabama to anyone interested in a Ford purchase.

Favorite Features

Horsepower of course! Handling is also exceptional or a truck.

Suggested Improvements

Could use more power...of course never enough.

Fastest Truck
By Jonathan Wood

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Its very fast for a truck

Favorite Features

runs nice, and i like the superchargers

Suggested Improvements

..........