Used 1994 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.8L V8 4-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )

1994 Lightning
By ekim202

1994 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab SB

Best, most fun vehicle I ever had. Only shortcoming is the single cab. Reliable and fun. Every week someone wants to buy it from me.

Better mileage and x-tended cab. 275/60 x 17 tires are hard to find now,

I love it!
By BHamm47

1994 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab SB

I will be honest with you, if you are in the market for a truck and don't care about gas mileage, this is the one for you. It not only has plenty of options for the year built, but it is very fun to drive. I never thought I'd say it, but I'll be sad when this one is gone. It handles better then most cars and has the horsepower and torque to kill your everyday import while hauling a load of wood. Best money I have ever spent on a truck.

The handling and power.

Make more Fords this reliable!

Very good looking and proforming truck
By Nitti219

1994 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this truck when I was 17 and keep it as my baby in my driveway and drive it for fun. Very nice sporty interior, handling, performance, sound, and looks. Great rare truck for a collector. It gets looks everywhere.

Exterior aggressive looks. Interior sportiness (racing bucket seats with a nice center console that doubles as an extra seat). Dual gas tanks. All features offered on the F-150. Full power everything including lumbar seats, rear view mirror, windows, and fog lights.

Nothing really besides more horsepower but it has good horses for the year it was made.

The Almost Perfect Truck
By Gary's Lightening

1994 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab SB

The 94 Lightning is a collector, very seldom seen on the used truck market. This is one of the most fun to drive, stock pickups out there. The design is classic, the power and torque are a real blast. Easy engine modifications are no hassle for those who want a little more. Add a performance cam, open up the exhaust and hold on to your seat. The interior is very supportive and comfortable. Sport bucket seats with adjustable lumbar supports and leg extensions make for one comfortable ride. Big front and rear sway bars and anti-slip keep the traction on the road. Heavy duty E40D transmission shifts smoothly. Only downside is the mpg. Two tanks make a fill up painful, step on the pedal and forget about it.

1994 SVT Lightning
By buddy

1994 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab SB

I drive the truck every day. Has never let me down. The power and potential of the lightning is endless. I enjoy the ride. Great power and performance. Great for towing and hauling stuff around.

My favorite feature is the 5.8l 351 under the hood and the limited production of these trucks.

Only improvements I suggest is a good intake and exhaust to open the engine up and to remove the smog pump and put an idler pulley in place to improve gas mileage.