2004 Ford F-150 Heritage XL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage - Consumer Reviews

XL Regular Cab Pickup (4.2L V6 5-speed Manual 6.5 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific F-150 Heritage model:
One of the Best!
By Derek in OKC on 07/26/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this truck a little while now and it has been nothing but a blessing! The overall quality vs. the money paid in incomparable. Out does Chevy and Dodge on base model pickups. Highly recommend.

Nice Truck
By Compunerd on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This F-150 has been a very solid vehicle for me. After the disaster that was my 1999 Olds Bravada the simplicity was a welcome change. Though I have only put about 10000 miles on it, I have not had even a minor mechanical glitch at this point. With current incentives, it cost less than my old SUV did USED. I think this will be a reliable truck for years to come. The Super Cab is not very roomy but can hold an average sized adult male on shorter trips (under a couple of hours). The back "doors" help with getting passengers into and out of the back. The ride is fairly smooth for a truck and it gets better milage than expected.

Great Truck-Great Value
By Zebo on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Got the truck at a great deal, about $9000 off MSRP. Traded a sluggish 2002 4 cyl GMC Sonoma for it. Great acceleration, solid build & frame. The ride is smooth and the clutch is firm. It handles really well over the road and around corners. From a 26 year old's perspective, it has a great look for the money->sturdy rear leaf springs give it an aggressive look (doesn't look like the typical low end work truck). I get about 17-18 mpg but I am going to see how that improves with future improvements of toneau cover/exhaust system->that isn't too bad since "I drive it!!!" Overall, I'd pick this Ford over the comparable Chevy, Dodge, and Toyota!

3rd F-150
By Hockman Piano on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 3 Ford F-150s and I have loved every one of them. I down-graded this time to a standard truck. First gear is lousy but 2nd will talk me to 57mph before I shift into 3rd. Of course I want the governor off this one also. It kicks in before I can shift out of 3rd. I doubt the top end will be off that much from my last truck, the Nascar version F-150. 175mph, now, 150mph?? I beat every vehicle I have ever owned, the F-150 hold up to me.