Used 2004 Ford F-150 Heritage Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 Heritage model:

Very reliable !!
By macf150

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2004 F-150 Heritage has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Currently, it has 161,000 miles and has had all routine maintenance performed.Starts evey time without fail. The 4.6L engine has proven to be more power than I need. I have owned a 97 and 98 F150 with the 4.2L V6 which seemed to have just enough power and were reliable as well. I recently test drove an 2013 F150 with the 3.7L V6 and the EcoBoost V6... What a powerplant !! I was pondering trading in my 04 but, it just didn't give me any reason to do so. First of all it's" paid off ". My goal is to reach 300K !!After all the years of ownership it still Rates 5 Stars !!

Everything is my favorite !!

None

It just doesn't break
By mooseberry

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

new late in 04. Inspection revealed one screw in rt frt fender cross threaded. No other defects. Towed Coleman trailer several summers all over Montana, no problems. It simply has never failed its' mission. Has been through some very harsh winters up here. Had one problem with corroded emergency brake parts. Fixed by dealer. Caused by goo state sprays on roads. (eats metals). Best truck, best vehicle I've owned in 60 years.

Simple and clean machine. Plain Jane 6 and a stick 4x4. Mileage normally 20mpg. Can go anywhere.

None.

Great Looks, Bad Ride
By jcrawlinson

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got an excellent deal on a used 2004 Ford Heritage F-150 XLT 4x4. Big, shiny, comfortable! In 2010, however, the [non-permissible content removed] the fan. The 4x4 literally fell apart. There is no reason I should have had to have the suspension, transfer case, and transmission completely replaced in a 6 year old vehicle with under 100,000 miles. Pour quality. I will never buy a Ford 4x4 again and may never buy a Ford again.

Ford truck fan since 1979
By thundercloud

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned Ford trucks since 1979. The only problem I have ever had was when a large dealership was unwilling to do minor warranty work. I usually buy a truck new and drive it for years and sell or trade them at 200,000 miles. I just bought this Heritage after trading in a 89 F-250 with 230,000 miles on it. This Heritage is so much better than that F250 even when it was new and don't get me wrong I loved my F 250. It is SO comfortable yet it still feels like a sturdy truck. Getting things in and out of the back is SO much easier. My only issue with this one is that I will not be able to do some of my own maintenance on it but that is OK. I am disabled and have to quit working on them.

The ride, the 60/40 seats, the engine, and the convenience features.

Put the headlight switch in a different spot. My long legs keep hitting it and turning it on when I get in or out of the truck.

Best vehicle buy I've ever made
By BB

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in Dec. 2004 when the Heritages had big discounts. Cost 20k new. 67,000 miles now, one blown fuse. Less than a buck in total repairs! 4.6 has more power than I need. Pulls boat with ease. Lived in MN, 55 mph speed limit, got 17-18mpg on the road. Moved to SD, 75mph speed limit on interstate, 65 on 2 lane hiways. Really sucks gas at 75mph, down to 12-13mpg. At 65mph it gets 15-16. Just a quirk of the engine- tranny combination I guess. Put bigger- 265-75-16 tires on at 40k to replace the too small 235-70-16 tires it came with. Much better. Trouble free truck, great to drive, 4wd great in snow. Squeak in the dash the only minor annoyance. Best vehicle buy of my life-I'm 62

4WD system, Supercab, long box. Pretty much like everything about the truck.

Bigger tires in original equipment. Better mileage at high speeds.