2004 Ford F-150 Heritage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 Heritage model:
Very reliable !!
By macf150 on 01/13/13 10:08 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2004 F-150 Heritage has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Currently, it has 161,000 miles and has had all routine maintenance performed.Starts evey time without fail. The 4.6L engine has proven to be more power than I need. I have owned a 97 and 98 F150 with the 4.2L V6 which seemed to have just enough power and were reliable as well. I recently test drove an 2013 F150 with the 3.7L V6 and the EcoBoost V6... What a powerplant !! I was pondering trading in my 04 but, it just didn't give me any reason to do so. First of all it's" paid off ". My goal is to reach 300K !!After all the years of ownership it still Rates 5 Stars !!

It just doesn't break
By mooseberry on 09/10/12 14:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

new late in 04. Inspection revealed one screw in rt frt fender cross threaded. No other defects. Towed Coleman trailer several summers all over Montana, no problems. It simply has never failed its' mission. Has been through some very harsh winters up here. Had one problem with corroded emergency brake parts. Fixed by dealer. Caused by goo state sprays on roads. (eats metals). Best truck, best vehicle I've owned in 60 years.

Great Looks, Bad Ride
By jcrawlinson on 04/29/12 02:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got an excellent deal on a used 2004 Ford Heritage F-150 XLT 4x4. Big, shiny, comfortable! In 2010, however, the [non-permissible content removed] the fan. The 4x4 literally fell apart. There is no reason I should have had to have the suspension, transfer case, and transmission completely replaced in a 6 year old vehicle with under 100,000 miles. Pour quality. I will never buy a Ford 4x4 again and may never buy a Ford again.

Ford truck fan since 1979
By thundercloud on 03/02/10 16:17 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned Ford trucks since 1979. The only problem I have ever had was when a large dealership was unwilling to do minor warranty work. I usually buy a truck new and drive it for years and sell or trade them at 200,000 miles. I just bought this Heritage after trading in a 89 F-250 with 230,000 miles on it. This Heritage is so much better than that F250 even when it was new and don't get me wrong I loved my F 250. It is SO comfortable yet it still feels like a sturdy truck. Getting things in and out of the back is SO much easier. My only issue with this one is that I will not be able to do some of my own maintenance on it but that is OK. I am disabled and have to quit working on them.

Best vehicle buy I've ever made
By BB on 01/15/10 21:49 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in Dec. 2004 when the Heritages had big discounts. Cost 20k new. 67,000 miles now, one blown fuse. Less than a buck in total repairs! 4.6 has more power than I need. Pulls boat with ease. Lived in MN, 55 mph speed limit, got 17-18mpg on the road. Moved to SD, 75mph speed limit on interstate, 65 on 2 lane hiways. Really sucks gas at 75mph, down to 12-13mpg. At 65mph it gets 15-16. Just a quirk of the engine- tranny combination I guess. Put bigger- 265-75-16 tires on at 40k to replace the too small 235-70-16 tires it came with. Much better. Trouble free truck, great to drive, 4wd great in snow. Squeak in the dash the only minor annoyance. Best vehicle buy of my life-I'm 62

Very Good Pickup
By gman on 01/02/10 19:38 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Have had this truck over 5 years now. It is not perfect but darn close. Have not had any real problems so far. I have had it back to the shop only once and that was for some door moulding that was coming loose. I don't put many miles on this truck each year but it has performed great so far. Fuel mileage could be better but hey, it's a truck. Finish/paint looks as good as the day I bought it. Probably only real complaint is road/wind noise. Some of that may be due to tires. Would not hesitate to buy this vehicle all over again.

Unbelievable Reliability
By Big John on 04/09/09 07:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I can't say enough about this truck. I bought new in 7/04 and now have 58,000m, and as of 4/09, I had a blinker lightbulb go out. THAT's IT FOR REPAIRS!!!! I changed tires and redid the brakes as was necessary due to wear and tear, but otherwise...not a single problem (other than a lightbulb) in almost 60,000 miles. Not even a squeek problem. If you can find this as a used truck, I would GO FOR IT. I long hauled my boat and at other times my trailer, and had NO PROBLEMS towing them over mountains etc. More than enough power on my 4.6L Triton V-8. Who needs the bigger V-8? Not me!!! One of the few truely quality items I have ever had the joy to own in my entire lifetime. (I'm 56).

Good Truck. Excellent value.
By Buddy on 08/02/07 19:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Extremely well built, useful truck. I would buy another one. I use mine for work and it has held up beautifully. Not very comfortable for long trips.

One of the Best!
By Derek in OKC on 07/26/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this truck a little while now and it has been nothing but a blessing! The overall quality vs. the money paid in incomparable. Out does Chevy and Dodge on base model pickups. Highly recommend.

thought I'd never buy another Ford
By reidster on 06/12/06 12:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-150 Heritage 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

After bad experiences with Aerostar, Ranger and Taurus I vowed never to buy another Ford. F-150 Heritage 4.6L is the best truck/vehicle I've owned. Looked at new versions and Tundra, but like the size and looks of 97-2004 F-150s. Tight turning and great ride/handling. More front room than Tundra. Thought 4.6L was too small when test drove new F-150s but works well in Heritage. Hope I can haul small toy hauler with 3:31 rear end. Mileage better than my 3.0L Ranger.