Used 2014 Ford Explorer SUV Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

Love my SUV
By Ken Ramsay

2014 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love my Explorer
By Cecile Prier

2014 Ford Explorer SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Good Car
By Jennifer

2014 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Enough with the alarms and sensors!
By Melanie Broga

2014 Ford Explorer SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 Explorer and liked it ok, but sold it for 2 main reasons that were just too annoying. Reason #1. Enough with the idiot alarms. I'm adult, and I know how to drive. If the car is on, and you hop out of your car because you forgot your sunglasses, or you're running into the cleaners, or the atm, and you have the key in your purse or pocket, the car horn gives 2 loud honks in your ear because it obviously wants to remind you not to get on a plane with the key in your purse. Then there's the "vehicle from right, vehicle coming from the left" alarm and the dreadful "you're about to hit somebody" alarm (even though the car in front is turning), and "for your safety please stay alert to road conditions when operating entertainment devices" while my passenger is plugging in her phone to the USB, and lastly, the "tailgate is coming down" alarm. Driving this car with all of its sissy alarms raised my blood pressure and made me feel more tense for no reason. I'm also a little annoyed that my husband's late model jeep doesn't have these alarms, so why, Ford, why?? Reason #2: The front console was insanely sensitive. We often had the cord to our iphones touch it and suddenly the heat is on full blast, or it switches sources- from FM to CD. While the car handled well and was well equipped for cargo and towing and power, the everyday driving experience with the reasons listed above made us unload it.

Best we ever had
By Marc Coulon

2014 Ford Explorer SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drive it so you can appreciate the comfort. My wife loved the seats!! Hope Ford continue with this model. Our plan is to trade every 2 years and so far this is the model we will choose. Keep it up Ford!