Love my new ford explorer!
By momforddriver on
2014 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Why did I wait so long to trade in my 2003 Ford explorer for the new 2014 ford explorer limited! I test drove the limited, awd & 4 cyl. ecoboost; plus th xlt & sport. Of all of them, the limited offers the most comfort & advanced options I was looking for. This truck rides so much more car like than my last explorer. Additionally, I like the pickup from the regular 3.5L 6 cylinder engine on the limited vs. the ecoboost 2.0L 4 cylinder. I think a 4 cyl. is good for a car, but not an suv. I recently took a carload of teenagers in my limited and it handled beautifully with the "extra weight" in the car. I don't think the 4 cyl. could have handled that.
Favorite Features
Favorite features are the Myford touch sync, works beautifully, I've tried everything from gps to making calls, to receiving texts, to changing temperatures and have had no problem so far. I love the comfortable seats (I have a bad back so this was an important feature for me). Also love the cooled seats; heated seats in the front & middle rows; and the coolest feature is the push button to powerfold the middle row seats to give tons of room to access the 3rd row seats. Additionally, love the power 3rd row seat & liftgate. I may keep this car forever! I also love the reclining 2nd row seats and the ability to move both 2nd row seats fore and aft (I have the bucket seats).
Suggested Improvements
The only improvement I can think of is the lack of leg room for the driver for your left leg - for some reason Ford put a foot rest and while it doesn't bother me (I don't usually extend my left leg while driving) some people may not like this. Also, only the 2nd row bucket seats allow you to move them fore and aft. If you get the bench seat you can only move the right seat fore and aft - this makes no sense and I purposely didn't get the bench seat because of that. Having those extra inches to move the 2nd row back when you have a tall driver, is important.