2014 Ford Explorer Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

Sport
By whp87

2014 Ford Explorer Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in my 2011 charger r/t and 1500 silverado for the explorer sport and my wife couldn't be happier. The sport handles superbly in the horrible snow storms in the Rocky Mountain Region. The sport seems as if it is almost as quick as my charger r/t. The sport is really fun to drive and fits all sorts of stuff for my young family. The fuel economy is very misleading; on a road trip of approximately 1200 miles round trip, I averaged 18 mpg, which made me a little upset considering 22mpg is what is advertised. Overall it is a wonderful vehicle; it's fast enough for me, comfortable and safe for my family, and it fits all of my kids' stuff.

Favorite Features

The heated seats, the available 2nd row bucket seats, twin turbo charged engine! The terrain management system is pretty cool and really helps with traction on really icy and snowy roads.

Suggested Improvements

Well, at 4,000 miles my heated seats quit working. When we hit the heated seat button, the air conditioned portion of the seat kicked in...which really sucked considering this happened in January. Ford's customer service at the shop was outstanding and they quickly replaced the heating/cooling element in both front seats. Other than the minor inconvenience of the heated seats going out, the explorer has been a champ.