Used 2013 Ford Explorer SUV Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

Excellent small size SUV
By Chester Hamilton

2013 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent small size SUV for getting in and out of tight space. Quiet interior, lots of leg room, outstanding entertainment system, easy to operate navigation system, and nice size cargo area. Great on gas mileage, handling, reliability and overall function vehicle.

Great Team!
By Cory23

2013 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our experience to get the car we have always wanted was more than met at sunset ford in Waterloo. David Zellerman was the salesman we worked with and did everything he could possibly do to make us happy and get the deal done. I couldn't have asked for a better person to help us out. We thank you for everything and we will for sure be buying the rest of our vehicles from sunset ford in Waterloo.

Love this SUV!
By Andrew Fratkin

2013 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

40,000 miles and paint chipping off???!!!
By Cathy

2013 Ford Explorer SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven Explorers for 20 years. I've been thoroughly satisfied with every one....until now. After purchasing a certified 2013 XLT with 39,00 miles, in the perfect colour, I thought I was in for many years and many miles of satisfaction. Wrong! On THE DRIVE HOME a piece of paint came off the hood! Needless to say, I was--and remain--frustrated and angry. After many calls to the dealer, trips to two body shops, and LOTS of research, I'm left with the knowledge that dealers, Ford Motor, and body shops are all aware of this long-standing issue. That's what I'm left with....oh, and the news that the wonderful warranty we have is worthless and the repairs (anywhere from $600-$1000) is all on me. 33 days into ownership and I wish I had my 10-year-old vehicle back. I'm done with Ford.

Dangerous vehicle
By Gary Blakeney

2013 Ford Explorer SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned this SUV for two years. Was coming thru a toll booth on the Ohio Turnpike. I was just starting to accelerate when at about 15 mph I heard a loud boom and the front passenger side dropped to the ground and pulled me hard to the right. I got out to look and saw the lower control arm broke cleanly in two, which ripped the front axle out of the transmission. This is something that should never happen and I will never buy a Ford again. 36,000 miles and the vehicle has never been in an accident. I'm just glad I didn't have my kids with me or was traveling at a higher rate of speed. What a shame.