Two weeks old and already water damage
By ces42 on
2013 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I must admit, I really love this car. This is my third new car purchase. My last car was a 2005 Honda CRV, and the 2013 Explorer is a great upgrade providing plenty of space for my family. However, after owning the car for only two weeks, following a heavy rain, I was hearing what sounded like water sloshing around in the car doors and dashboard. I also discoverd that the carpet underneath the driver door was saturated. I took the car back to the dealer today and was told its unusual to happen in a new car, and that I must have parked it under a tree to cause a clog?!? In any event, after indicating it was fixed, its not. I don't know if this is a model defect, or just my bad luck.
Favorite Features
Large interior, Sync touch, quiet ride.
Suggested Improvements
Clearly, it would be great if the car didn't fill with water each time it rained.
By veryblessed
on 01/15/13 19:00 PM (PST)

You are not alone. We just bought a 2013 Explorer on Jan. 12. They had the vehicle washed just before we took ownership. When we got in the heater was on full blast (it was not cold here). The salesmen couldn't figure out why so we just turned it off. I laid some paperwork in the passenger floorboard and we took it home. Upon arrival I found the paperwork was wet, and my husband said perhaps his shoes had been wet. The next morning we got in and noticed there was no floormats in the front or back passenger. We found them in the back of the vehicle. We touched the carpet and found it to be soaking wet. We figured perhaps they had shampooed it when they cleaned the car. The next day it was a bit dryer, but we still called the dealership and they said maybe the drain on the door was stopped up. Thinking since it appeared to be drying maybe they had found that and fixed it. Got in it this morning (Tues Jan 15) and found at least an inch of water standing in the floorboards! My brand new ride had come equipped with a swimming pool! Took it immediately to the dealership and they kept it and repaired/dried it out. They said the cowl had not been sealed correctly from the factory. But to top it all off, the young fellow working for the dealership who gave me a ride said he had been told yesterday to pull another vehicle inside because "if he left it out it would be full of water." I think they have a problem with this model. TAKE IT BACK AND MAKE THEM FIX IT!