2013 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Never again will I buy a Ford

2013 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

2013 Ford Explorer

Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 FFV AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Never again will I buy a Ford
By voltguy on

2013 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Much to my frustration the Explorer has been an epic fail on both. Even with the EcoBoost it averages under 17 mpg, and as for snow it is one of the worst vehicles I have ever driven in snow.

I get stuck in my driveway with as little as 1” of snow. I can’t make it up an incline without the wheels spinning even though all my neighbors can get up the street with no problems.

Even with the traction control off the car makes grinding noises when the wheels spin. And to turn the traction control off you have to go 4 menus deep.

I also have issues will it hesitating when pressing the gas and the GPS. Half the time is doesn't remember settings.

Roomy.

Figure out where there are so many issues with the sync system, GPS, and driving in snow.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By kaninja
on 07/18/15 23:32 PM (PDT)

I was reading your comment about the terrible traction in snow? I wonder what winter tires you were using? I know here in the North West there are lots of shiny new SUV's in the ditch at every first snow of the year, and when I drive by I see these high priced SUV's wearing summer tires. If you still had the Hankook Optimo H426 tires on in the snow, that is the reason right there. They are a terrible tire in the snow. I know a guy with a 2014 Explorer and he has said that with Michelin winter tires it handles the snow and ice like a dream.