Best one yet
By gregg25 on
2013 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have had 2 prior Explorers and a GMC Envoy SUV's. These were great cars but no where near is nice as this 2013 Explorer. The vehicle is very comfortable, quiet, roomy, yet not that big. It drives and rides like a car and tows like a truck. We can fit our grand children's car seats in the second and third rows and still have room for the adults. The seats flip and fold very easy. It tows my 3500 lb boat with 6 people effortlessly. My touch-sync is great. Needed a couple of re-boots but now is great. Getting 23 MPG highway and mixed driving 18, much better then prior SUV's. My 6'3" son in law was comfortable in every seat including the third row with his 5 year old son in a car seat.
Favorite Features
Hands free entry and push button ignition, never need to get the keys out. Tow package, with anti sway and auto downshift when braking. Very comfortable seats and room. Great looking vehicle, get comments frequently. 20 inch wheels. Quality build, fit and finish inside and out. Quality leather seats. Power lift gate with adjustable height. Key pad on the outside to open and lock the vehicle when you don't have the keys with you. Great 2nd and 3rd seat ventilation, separate controls, and individual reading lights. Great luggage capacity. 6 passengers in three rows and still got 6 bags of luggage in.
Suggested Improvements
I like a full set of analog gauges instead of the small electronic fuel and temp and the small tach. The belt line of the vehicle is very high. Hard to reach drive thru windows and see over the hood. I did resolve some of this by adjusting the seat higher. Paint the spare tire well black behind the hitch. When the hitch cover is off the shiny silver well looks bad behind the hitch. No problem when the cover is on. Otherwise very few improvement suggestions. Great vehicle