2013 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: No Leg Room

2013 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 FFV AWD 6-speed Automatic)

No Leg Room
By nolegroom45 on

2013 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2013 Ford Explr XLT 2 weeks ago. After test driving the vehicle I did not notice the lack of leg room as I was too busy playing with the MyTouch and working the mirrors to even bother. On my way home after purchasing the vehicle, I had a cramp and went to stretch out my left (non driving) leg. It was met abruptly by the "dead petal". After I got home I tried many ways to reduce the "dead petal" but could not get it to work with my size. I am only 6'3" which is taller than average but I am no giant. I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to anyone who is taller than 6 feet. My mother's 2002 Explr has all the leg room in the world. Not sure why Ford made the new ones so small.

The back-up camera makes hooking up a trailer very easy. Would highly recommend this feature to anyone with a horse trailer or boat.

Obviously, I wish Ford would go back to the leg room in the old Explorers. I love the leg room in the F150 but my wife did not want to drive a truck. I wish I could trade this tiny cabbed "minivan" in on a truck but the wonderful people at Ford told me I would lose too much money. Wish they had told me this wannabe SUV loses so much value when you drive it off the lot. No wonder they rush you into buying.