2013 Ford Explorer 3.5L V6 FFV AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - FORD? Surprisingly yes.

2013 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

2013 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

FORD? Surprisingly yes.
By biggrey58 on

2013 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had a 2007 MDX so went out and drove a new one plus a Lexus and the new Infiniti SUV. Was about to go with a new MDX and took my wife's Shelby to Ford dealer for oil change. Sales Manager asked if I looked at an Explorer and I politely declined. He gave me one to drive for the day. I bought one that night. This vehicle has options Acura and Infiniti don't even offer, at $1,000s less. Push button start, dual sunroof, parking assist, lane assist, blind spot lighting in mirrors, adaptive cruise control, rear seatbelt air bags (seriously), and electric rear seat feature.

Favorite Features

The air cooled seats are a huge plus in Arizona. The overall quality and appearance of the interior is impressive. I'm not sure how much difference there is between base interior and Limited interior, but the Limited is beautiful. Quality leather, great fit, great appearance. It's amazing how quiet it is, and how smooth the ride is with 20 inch tires.

Suggested Improvements

First off, no issues yet with Sync, but there is a learning curve to it. The rear storage area could use some redesign consideration. There is a lot of room behind the 3rd row, but you have to move everything out if you want to fold down the rear seats. Actually a pretty minor complaint. Ford could have made the console just a little bit bigger to fit and IPad.