Car has issues and ford has too
By bpk on
2013 Ford Explorer 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I bought a 2013 for explorer LTD. was very happy to buy my first new car. But, when I drove through wet weather, all the dirt and mud is getting inside lower portion my all doors. I guess the gaskets are missing or not properly aligned. I went to the dealer ship and was surprised to hear that "This is a common problem and that is how the ford has designed. You have to live with this." Who would like to see dirty doors every day when they open their new car. Atleast I am one of those. I called the Ford customer relations and all they had to say is they honor they dealers judgement. Wow...... They 1 of my tires blew and dealer didn't agree to honor the warranty & ford said the same as before.
Favorite Features
Dirt getting inside the door, blown tire.
Suggested Improvements
Ford engineering and customer service department.
By ford_man2
on 06/27/12 10:12 AM (PDT)

I spoke with the boss of Customer Service about my "Low Seat" height on the passenger seat - they basically said "Sorry, not our problem, blah blah blah." Thanks FOrd, you now Suck like GM.

By believe
on 07/09/12 03:01 AM (PDT)

Tires are not covered by the car company. They haven't been for many moons! Tires are covered by the tire maker, NOT the dealer, and no, I am not a dealer. I'm one of those people that read the warranty on my new cars BEFORE I make a purchase.

By tsandoval
on 07/25/12 12:29 PM (PDT)

Well, I was interested in the Explorer, however this is good information to have while making a decision. thanks