2013 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Car has issues and ford has to

2013 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

2013 Ford Explorer

Car has issues and ford has too
By bpk on

2013 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2013 for explorer LTD. was very happy to buy my first new car.
But, when I drove through wet weather, all the dirt and mud is getting inside lower portion my all doors. I guess the gaskets are missing or not properly aligned. I went to the dealer ship and was surprised to hear that "This is a common problem and that is how the ford has designed. You have to live with this." Who would like to see dirty doors every day when they open their new car. Atleast I am one of those. I called the Ford customer relations and all they had to say is they honor they dealers judgement. Wow......
They 1 of my tires blew and dealer didn't agree to honor the warranty & ford said the same as before.

Dirt getting inside the door, blown tire.

Ford engineering and customer service department.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By ford_man2
on 06/27/12 10:12 AM (PDT)

I spoke with the boss of Customer Service about my "Low Seat" height on the passenger seat - they basically said "Sorry, not our problem, blah blah blah." Thanks FOrd, you now Suck like GM.

By tsandoval
on 07/25/12 12:29 PM (PDT)

Well, I was interested in the Explorer, however this is good information to have while making a decision. thanks

By believe
on 07/09/12 03:01 AM (PDT)

Tires are not covered by the car company. They haven't been for many moons! Tires are covered by the tire maker, NOT the dealer, and no, I am not a dealer. I'm one of those people that read the warranty on my new cars BEFORE I make a purchase.