2013 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Only 2K miles so far, but there is quite a bit to recommend for this vehicle.
Mine has all of the options, and features like the backup camera make all of the difference.
The safety options are outstanding -- airbags even on the rear seat belts!
I've used it mainly in town, from commuting to work to hauling 7 adults; the flexibility with the power 3rd row is great.
The electronic controls may seem intimidating at first, but they are really quite simple to use.
In my opinion, the interior and exterior styling is very good -- I never liked the old Explorer.
This vehicle drives very smoothly and does not feel too big.
Have to wait a few more months to see how it handles ice and snow.
Favorite features include:
- backup camera and collision warning sensors should be standard features -- don't buy without them
- automatic parallel parking; not used often, but works as advertised
- power 3rd row seats are simple to use
- cruise control gap maintenance function works very well
- instant MPG indicator (fairly accurate)
- Summer city MPG = about 16
- Mountainous highway MPG with full load = about 21.5
Need more storage for emergency gear in the back.
With the power folding seats, there is not enough room for a small duffel bag of the sort of tools and emergency supplies that every reasonably well-prepared person should be carrying in their car at all times.
The seat heaters are uneven compared to other vehicles I have used.
It would be great to have the seatback heated, too.
This feature should be added to the second row of seats, too.
The seat air conditioners are noisy and too concentrated in the center.
Need better distribution.