2013 Explorer Rocks!
By top7172 on
2013 Ford Explorer 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I've had it for about 7 days, and it is fun and comfortable to drive. We almost bought an XC90 and I'm happy we didn't. The front seats are two side by side Lazy Boys and the technology package is overwhelming. I've already experienced a locked screen and a few disconnects but nothing that my iPad or iPhone hasn't done to me. Anyway, the car looks awesome, drives awesome and has a bunch of fun technology in it. This is my first Ford in fact it is my first American Car. I would have never considered a Ford ever and here I am, a happy owner. Hopefully the miles and time will be kind to it. This isn't the Explorer that I remember.
Favorite Features
The look is striking, the seats are so so soft, and the ride is like being on air. The extra cushion they put in to control noise is awesome. Power everything, it's very nice.
Suggested Improvements
There are a few. 1. Seriously for 40k one should expect a sunroof and at a minimum the homelink for the garage door. I bought it and just assumed it was in their. They added the roof. 2. The Technology is confusing and doesn't work right a lot of the time, it is purely human error but for heavens sake put some Ford sponsored training out to the sales people, mine was ok but was not well versed on that side. Well I guess that is it.