2013 Ford Explorer SUV 3.5L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Explorer Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
What a great all around vehicle
By jllevere on 09/18/14 13:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Explorer SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased my 2013 Explorer Sport after 10 years of driving BMW X-5's and based on this one I will be with Ford for a while. Ecoboost is a fantastic motor. I have 18,500 miles and vehicle has been in the shop for 2 services and that's it. Not one problem even with the highly disparaged SYNC. Maybe I just got lucky but my just plain works great! Did I mention how good the Ecoboost motor is! Over 20MPG on the highway and 15-17 in stop and go city driving. Really a lot of pickup for getting on freeways or passing.

I love this car
By deizik on 01/24/13 20:07 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Explorer SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2012 BMW and I find myself driving the Explorer more and more. Its quick, big enough for the kids and all of our stuff, great sound system, etc.

On a different plane...
By keboss302 on 12/30/12 19:39 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Explorer SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Having considered an Explorer Limited since the 2011 redesign, my wife and I are glad to have waited a couple of years for the Explorer Sport. Trading off a 2007 V8 Explorer XLT, the Sport's Ecoboost V6 and Taurus SHO driving dynamics made us completely forget the V8. This is a fully modern, refined and fun-to-drive vehicle that exists on a completely different plane from the body-on-frame Explorers of yore. It's tight, solid, carefully constructed and (to our eyes) very handsome. The dual-panel glass roof, ambient lighting and Star Trek dash layout create an interesting and special interior environment, especially at night. It feels upscale for a Ford. And at nearly $49K, it should!