Overall impressed but....
By djones67 on
2012 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
About a month ago I was given a new explorer as a rental while on a business trip. Overall I was impressed with the vehicle except for the annoying wind noise that came from the right side of the wind shield. The wind noise was extremely noticable at speeds above 60 mph. I don't know if this was problem with just my vehicle or if others have experienced the same issue. I was impressed with the power from the engine. The ride was comfortable and the seats were supportive. Minus the wind noise I would give the explorer high marks however the wind noise was bad enough that I couldn't live with it on a daily basis. Hopefully it was just a problem with my vehicle.
By boatlover
on 02/12/12 03:58 AM (PST)

I noticed you post about the Explorers windshield noise. We bought the SUV also and have noticed that as well. We thought it was just ours also. IT is so weird. Plus when it rains, it sounds like you can hear every rain drop. Plus we've had transmission problems that we hope they have fixed. Other than these issues we LOVE the Explorer!! Luxury!!!