2012 Ford Explorer 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Explorer Limited in Naples

2012 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Explorer Limited in Naples
By vinced on

2012 Ford Explorer 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven the car for about 2 months. Overall I like the car very much. Was worried about the reliability with the reviews by the pro's. So far only issue is the My Ford Touch and Nav. I've had issues with voice command, some times does't work some times does't understand, some times system goes blank. This must be fixed with new software in March some time. The car runs great the engine has plenty of power and is smooth. The electronic steering is great and love the electronics overall. The power lift gate is a must and the rear power seats is excellent and eliminates the back of the rear seat controls, looks bettor. Controls LCD controls for radio, Nav, Air, and and phone-

Favorite Features

are excellent and easy to use with the touch screen. Favorite features: Power Lift gate, Side mirror power fold, great in garage and tight spaces (should auto close when car shuts down). The rear camera and size of LCD provides a fantastic view with the ability to zoom. I also like the ability to navigate on the LCD through the radio's FM, Sirius, phone and AM channels, very easy and provides great flexibility. I also like the Fab's/IKT'S memory feature to know my adjustments (seat, side mirrors etc) when unlocking the car. So many other nice electronics and also like the power socket and rear air conditioning controls. Nice headrest adjustments and also power seats controls.

Suggested Improvements

Must fix My Ford Touch glitches and the voice control's ability to understand. Should have went to Apple but maybe Microsoft will fix with March update. Also like to see the middle seat's ability to slide and the electronic tilt steering wheel added to the 2013's will be a good upgrade. Overall great SUV.