Ecoboost model
By mvieau on
2012 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
My wife and I recently purchased the 2012 Ford Explorer Ecoboost Limited in black and the first comment I need to make is how beautiful it looks. We had looked at Lexus, Audi, Acura, Buick and Lincoln before even considering the Ford. It was only during the visit to the Lincoln dealer that the sales rep suggested we look at the new Explorer. Family pricing allowed us to get the Limited trim with pretty much every feature other than the tow package for an amazing price. We are very impressed with the style and quality of the vehicle. The ecoboost model wasn't an option for us until we test drove it and found it to be pretty much the same drive as the 3.5L V6. This vehicle has excellent value.
Favorite Features
Ford Sync works well and was easy to setup, window tint adds to the style of the vehicle, ambient lighting looks fantastic, the drive is smooth and gas mileage seems good.
Suggested Improvements
Allow second row seats to move forward and backward to adjust third row leg room when needed on the 7 seater package, slightly more storage around the dash would be good (ex: acura mdx has storage everywhere)
By kris45
on 02/21/12 11:10 AM (PST)

How is your Ecoboost performing? I just acquired the same vehicle after having driven one as a rental earlier last year. The rental was a v6 and from what I remember it maintained a 20MPG average but I am struggling to get 18mpg out of my ecoboost.

By woodinva
on 02/08/13 03:52 AM (PST)

CAN YOU UPDATE ON YOUR MILEAGE NOW