a real disappointment
By stillsearchun on
2012 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I've had my 2012 Explorer for 15000 miles. I wish I didn't. The sync, even upgrade, freezes. It happened on a 1300 mile trip and I was without Nav, radio, etc. for 16 hours of driving over two days. Not the first time. It also has very poor voice recognition, takes 15 to 20 minutes to connect to my phone. The touch controls are very distracting and dangerous, and balky. Also, set the dash display the way you like for a long trip, stop for gas, and when you restart, EVERYTHING has defaulted to factory settings. It seems intentionally designed to frustrate and endanger the driver. Also, the side view mirrors are too small. There is no way to adjust them to eliminate a massive blindspo
Favorite Features
The off button. I can't wait to get out of the thing. My other car is an Avalanche. It is more comfy, safer designed, more ergonomic, and has everything the mytouch system has in a better designed, intuitive package. I really think refunds should be offered to those of us stuck with these lemons.
Suggested Improvements
Fire the designers of the the dashboard systems. Offer refunds to owners of vehicles with the mytouch. Put side view mirrors on that can be adjusted to eliminate the huge blindspot. The little blindspot detecting lights are a dangerous joke. They often fail to respond. On a recent trip I had a semi! in my blindspot and the indicator light failed to come on.