Used 2012 Ford Explorer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

not your casa ford
By sal

2012 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it on 2013 had 7k on it,first thing cooling fans went out about a week after I got it had to wait for parts 3 weeks. Next the windows front, shudder when opening and squeal,have had regulators replaced but have had to return at least 5 times so they upgraded my warranty to 70 k because they can't find a solution to the windows. The brakes were recalled took them in replaced but still squeak, dealer said nothing they can do,now power steering has a recall, and before this, instrument panel at times turns off, trim panels on front windshield had to be replaced for noise ,but I still have a window squeal and shudder which there is no repairs for it yet,oh and now the inside door handles are on safety recall, I think ford has really earned it's name for "Fix Or Repair Daily"

Like it a lot
By Bob Newell

2012 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our explorer about 2 years now. We've taken it across the country a couple of times and have always had a positive experience. It's comfortable, roomy and quiet. We have the AWD Limited model. I've owned numerous Fords (2 trucks, 2 Mustangs, 2 Taurus, Torino) and we like this one the best.

Navigation System, My Ford Touch, AWD.

Ford needs to research this problem
By ralph1956

2012 Ford Explorer SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2012 Ford explorer that has wheel sensors on all wheels and have had to replace them all and now having to replace some again . When the sensor goes bad you have no 4 wheel drive and at times you can not drive at all. This is not reliable to me. Wondering if others are having issues with this also. Also have the check engine light come on and stay on and I am told its because of the gas tank and nothing that can be done to correct this issue.

Very comfortable driving

research the wheel sensor issues and credit back the payments already made for this problem

Explorer Quality is Poor
By kvella

2012 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a Ford Explorer in January 2012. Within three weeks started experiencing steering problems. Also had seat defects requiring repairs. Ford announced a recall for power steering defects in May 2014. Still fighting with Ford for reimbursement of incurred repair expenses. Interior quality is poor with fading and split seams after only 2.5 years. Overall disappointed with Ford's quality and customer service.

Just purchased
By suzyq58

2012 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love my new used car! The salesmen were wonderful and informational and am very happy with my overall experience. I can't wait to take my car out on the road. The service at Fair Oaks Ford was a great experience. I have been a customer for many years and couldn't have been happier with their service department. I look forward to putting many trips on this car.

Everything