2011 Ford Explorer 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - You should wait

2011 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

You should wait
By kevin139 on

2011 Ford Explorer 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The exterior looks and ride are the only positive things about this vehicle. There are too many issues including, electronic/software issues, driver comfort, my sync/my touch, etc. The seat bottom is to short and foot rest is to close. I'm 6ft and the driver position is not comfortable. My phone only connects about 50% of time. I have no idea why it won't connect the other 50%. I do nothing different other than shut the vehicle off and start it again. The NAV lady only talks about 10% of the time. The music stops when she should talk but nothing comes out and the music starts again. None of the sales people mentined this vehicle is for on road use only - 20" wheels std on Ltd.

Favorite Features

Looks.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the electronic/software issues. This vehicle cost $48k and you can't depend on stuff working. I realize its a computer on wheels but for the money everything should work! Improve driver comfort. Tell people the Ltd. edition is not for off road use. I didn't find out until I read the owners manual. The touch screen is not very good. You have to touch things multiple times to get them to work. Not very safe because every time you are touching your not looking at the road. The one in my 2007 Lexus works much better.
By jdiscount1
on 11/08/11 20:18 PM (PST)

As for your phone not connecting, what I do is shut off the phone and turn it back on .. This corrects the problem with the pairing of the phone with SYNC! Good Luck.