What it could be
By 4tified on
2011 Ford Explorer 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
The all new 2011 Ford Explorer could be Ford's best vehicle yet. It drives so well like floating on air with decent pep for a little larger than midsized SUV. The interior is upgraded with luxuries usually found in luxury brands. I absolutely love this vehicle BUT, its been in the shop twice already and it would be 3 times if I could have made the time to take it in. The MySync system and the cooling fan so far. Only 1500 miles and things keep breaking. I had my previous car for 3 years without an issue. It has been extremely frustrating. I love what it could be - if it was only realiable.
Favorite Features
Automated everything, the velvet smooth ride, and a 3rd row that a medium size adult can sit in quite comfortably.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the Sync system. Everything is tied to it and when it doesn't work all those bells and whistles are useless. When the Sync is acting up, it can mean no NAV, no handsfree cell phone, and losing all your preprogrammed radio stations. Also Ford needs to recall the vehicles because of the cooling fan issue. I've heard that its happened to several new owners, which is a safety issue. My wife and I were stranded with our two boys under 4 in the heart of the city.