2011 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Wait

2011 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

By nobargain on

2011 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As background, I have owned 5 ford explorers and loved 4 of them. My 2011 is pathetic. The problem is not with the car but with my touch. It simply does not work. It crashes all the time. Ford is withholding information about the problem and there is no real hope of a solution until late in 2012 when Microsoft does a complete rewrite of the system for ford. Do not even think about buying any ford with this system until this is proven to be fixes.
By psuwife1
on 08/20/11 14:26 PM (PDT)

We too have owned a Ford Expedition, Eddie Bauer 2000 that we loved. We replaced it last month with a 2011 Ford Explorer Limited. At one month old and 700 miles, the Sync touch screen has gone black. The radio is dead, the back up camera is gone and the touchscreen is dead, dead, dead. We are so disappointed in our decision to go with Ford. We were very excited to find an SUV that met all our criteria, but we expected it to work !! At this moment, we honestly wish we would have waited, or picked a different SUV.

By vvb
on 09/05/11 04:13 AM (PDT)

We're in the same boat as both of you. Bought our Limited in June and the Sync screen has gone black repeatedly. Sometimes it reboots but at least twice it's just dead. We're at the dealer every few weeks having the entire system. Is there no way to get the manufacturer's attention? I now wish I had just taken the plunge and gotten the Benz GL.