2011 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Take My Ford, Please

2011 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Take My Ford, Please
By takemyexplorer on

2011 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Buyer Beware!!!! I've never written a car review, but I felt compelled after purchasing my 2011 Ford Explorer. Let me start off by stating that I had leased 5 Explorers through my old job prior to purchasing my supposed new and improved 2011 Explorer. What a waste of time and money. I've owned the car for less than 7 months and it's already been in the shop 8 times. Lemon Laws do not apply because I've had 5 different problems and did not have the same problem more than 4 times until I had already driven over 12,000 miles. Do not buy this car until they work out all of the "kinks."

Roominess and handling. I'm a big guy (over 6ft tall and 250lbs) and I feel completely comfortable in the car. The car also has a different frame which allows it to drive closer to the ground which results in a much less bumpy ride.

Fix the Sync system!!!! It is a total disaster!!!! It never works. I cannot use my hands-free system, punch in or verbally ask for directions and that's just the beginning.