2011 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Suspicion of a sensor problem

2011 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

Suspicion of a sensor problem
By xeniadribble1 on

2011 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2011 Ford Explorer is a fantastic vehicle that has caused us no problems until now. It started approximately two weeks ago, the vehicle does not recognize when it is in park. When we open the door a dash light comes on telling us to put the car in park. So far it takes just once for us to re-start the car, shift into neutral, then back to park, and the problem is sloved. This happens about 60% of the time. I have read elsewhere that other people are having the same problem and Ford does not recognize it as a problem, at least there has been no recalls. I hate to complain because it has been such a great vehicle for us.

The radar feature that prevents tailgating when the cruise control is on has worked out to be a great feature. The dual sunroof's are great, the heated and cooled seats are great, the body style is great. Needless to say we love the vehicle.

Not sure how you could improve on this vehicle.
By seancl385
on 07/01/14 07:24 AM (PDT)

I had the same problem with my explorer and i took it in for service and they adjusted the shifter but it started doing it again two weeks later. Finally they decided to replace the whole shifter assembly, which was luckily coverered under the vehicle warranty I purchased.