Let me count the problems
By wilkg on
2011 Ford Explorer 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
First, I've been a loyal Ford owner for 30 years now. My last Ford was an Expedition. We had no problems with the SUV and put about 120k miles on it. Needless to say, with the current performace of my 2011 Explorer, this will be the last Ford I own. That being said, here are the issues: 1) Transmission slips in first-I almost plowed through the back of the garage last week. 2) Overheating 3) Sync system: a) Bluetooth errors b) Nav slow to react c) system reboots when driving d) radio stays on after car is turned off e) time is wrong f) destination history is wiped out 4) Right rear window is loose..how that got past quality control is beyond me. 5) dashboard noise update to come...
By wilkg
on 07/26/11 15:35 PM (PDT)

Update...Dealership STILL has my SUV. Can't seem to fix the transmission. Oh boy! I'm so glad I spent $50k on this SUV!

By woodinva
on 09/24/11 13:45 PM (PDT)

The radio is supposed to stay on After the car is off... This occur on my 2000 Lincoln LS and 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac . This is not a bug.. How long did you say you had an Expedition? It must have been a real old one.. 1st edition models of cars sometimes have problems have heard that the Microsoft Insync & NAVI system needs work.. but that is Microsoft software not Ford making it buggy.. Microsoft says it is 'user error'