2011 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Lemon - Ford doesn't fix custo

2011 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Lemon - Ford doesn't fix customer complaints
By socalstacy on

2011 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

LEMON ALERT!!!!! FORD has the WORST customer service in their repairs! I have a 2011 FORD Explorer that anytime I park for the last 3 weeks, it DOES NOT REGISTER that the car is on PARK and I turn off the ignition and the car chimes "SHIFT TO PARK" It's in park, and it does this repeatedly and I have to press in and out the black lever on the gear shift 10 or more times before it "registers" that the car is on park. I have a video of it on my phone, I took a picture of it when I parked at the dealership and they WILL NOT FIX IT because they can't get it to fault. This is NOT my issue alone, just search the internet for the number of people with this issues that DID NOT get fixed!!!!

Second row bucket seats and second row console. Heated and cooled front seats. Sunroof. Tow package.

Major overhaul...Had for 2 years and already had several non-recall "customer service" improvements suggested by Ford on it. Improve USB interface and that fact that is you use "shuffle" on a playlist it only works until you shut the engine off, each time you get into the car you have to reset shuffle to continue, otherwise it plays the playlist alphabetically by artist. Navigation sent me up the wrong streets because it lacks pinpointing your location, A/V ports continually tell me they are plugged in and to remove usb connections when I have nothing in the a/v (never have).