Fords Luxury Vehicle.
By sonomamama on
2011 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Purchased a Ford Explorer Limited, fully loaded today. We love it! It's a new car and a fun gagdet in one. We have owned luxury vehicles (BMW X5), (Mercedes SUV) and this ranks right up there with them. My husband and I test drove fully loaded vehicles (Dodge Durango, GMC Acadia, Toyota 4 Runner, Honda Pilot, and Ford Explorer). Our decision was a no brainer. Here's what I love about the Explorer: Beautiful interior with tight seams, high quality leather, non pilling roof interior (similar to what you find in the BMWs), a touch screen (similar to an IPad) that plays DVDs, controls Entertainment, Phone, Navigation, Climate, etc. Your I-Phone syncs with it. It will store all your contacts.
Favorite Features
The third row seats are accessible for both me and my husband who is 6,4". The seats are by far the most comfortable, and it does have a well dip for your legs, so your knees aren't in your face. There is leg room and foot room. The 3rd row goes from a seat to fully stowed, by the push of a button. One seat can stay up while the other is down. It has two DVD, TVs built into the head rests, There are two sun roofs, a prong outlet and USB connections. The car has back up cameras and sensors. My favorite safety feature has to be the sensors on the sides of the car. If you are going to turn or merge into another lane, a small light will appear on your side mirror if there is a car next to you.
Suggested Improvements
Adjust middle seat belt positioning in second row to accommodate an adult. Add a retractable and removable trunk screen. You can purchase one that ties in place, but what a pain. Make cup holders that accommodate mugs with handles. These are very minor complaints.