2011 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Fix Or Repair Daily

2011 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Fix Or Repair Daily
By kxteem on

2011 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our new 2011 Ford Explorer in March of 2011 because the looks sold my Husband and I. From that moment until November 2011 when we finally got rid of it were those most aggravating months dealing with Ford, Ford Reps and several Ford dealers. The My Ford Touch is a driving disaster and constantly takes yours eyes off the road because it does not work. Our screen froze so many times, and we were left without a/c or heat or radio. This system is the main brain of this vehicle. The voice commands would not operate either. We have been to the dealer for an upgrade, and they keep saying that "This will fix the problem". Also problem with Gas vent hose. Do not buy this vehicle!!

Had a good ride and good gas economy.

Ford really needs to learn once again to remember that customer satisfaction needs to come first. They are all smug because their sales were up during this time that we owned the Ford Explorer. Eventually if they continue on this path, people will not recommend Ford products. They should have had a fix for My ford Touch before they released it!