2011 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
2011 Explorer Already In the Shop
By ford_owner1 on 02/11/11 12:27 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2011 Explorer Limited is already in the shop with less than 1,000 miles on it. The entire MyTouch system that controls the climate control, stereo system, bluetooth, navigation and rear back up camera crashed. This is our second explorer and we also have an F-150 and I am very disappointed with the 2011 Explorer. The gas mileage improvements are not true. The best mileage I have been able to get is 16 mpg on the highway. The car does not have the power I expected and the 'luxury' features of the Ford MyTouch were not worth the 50K price tag, especially since they don't work. I wish I had Mid-Sized SUV from another company!

I Loooove My Explorer
By traveler21 on 02/05/11 18:07 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving my new Explorer Limited for over a month, I can safely say that it is one of the best cars that I have owned. It is comfortable and has more muscle than my Flex that stayed in the family although out of town. The Ford Touch takes a little getting used to but is very responsive to voice commands. We also have a new E 350 in the garage, but is has stayed parked since the Explorer showed up. The only con, we can find is the difficulty in programming the garage door opener.

Disappointed with the New Explorer: It Missed the Mark
By 1atomic on 01/22/11 20:13 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A happy owner of Ford F-Series pick-ups for decade. Wife wanted an Explorer after driving a Buick Enclave for 3 yrs. & for a change. We like Ford trucks, but never keen on any brand car other than GM's. The Buick gave us a flawless driving experience, but have been so happy with our Ford pick-ups that we looked at the Edge, which is rather small, Flex, rather quirky & looks like a hearse, Expedition, too big and wanted another car-like crossover that would be better on gas than our other vehicle, my King Ranch, a good truck, but terrible on gas. The '11 Explorer is mediocre & costly compared to the Enclave. We will hold on to this car for a year & see how it does. It may grow on us in time.

Awesome
By jbrewha74 on 01/22/11 06:57 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just got my Explorer XLT(almost loaded) 3 days ago. Anyone who posts anything negative about this vehicle must not own one yet. It has features in it you cant touch in luxury trucks for under 50k. Trust me, my other half has a BMW and we do not even want to drive that anymore. So far the only issue i do have is with the phone/SYNC. It keeps pulling up my text msgs as new and beeps for them as they are new msgs. Other then that everything else is crazy in it. Safety features galore and it feels like it is a 50k plus truck.

update from review on 12/24
By feels_good on 01/18/11 08:22 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is an update on my 2011 ford explorer that I originally posted on 12/24/10. No after having the vehicle for 4 weeks and almost 2000 miles I feel everyone should know about the many bugs in the ford mytouch system. This feature is definitely not what Ford has advertised. The clock is constantly wrong on the display, when starting the vehicle the volume goes crazy and very high/loud. Also, many issues with syncing phone via bluetooth. Often the screen will freeze up when trying to connect my phone...and the problem is not with the phone because same issue occurs with other phones. When driving vehicle screen will sometimes simply "black out". Taking vehicle to dealer tomorrow.

Great vehicle
By traveler21 on 01/07/11 14:23 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have been so impressed with my new Ford Explorer . I knew that It had a great looking exterior but the comfort and use of the new Sync system is beyond my expectations. We have a new Mercedes in the garage and my husband and I rush out the door to see who gets to the Explorer first. Truly an outstanding SUV. Ford has a real winner on it's hands.

Great Vehicle
By charliedee on 01/06/11 06:52 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a retired automobile sale rep. (30 yrs) Have sold and driven them all. Previously owned a 2009 Ford Flex Limited. Love it, would have purchased another, but found that Ford was going to discontinue it. Read up on the 2011 Ford Explorer, liked what I read and saw. pre-ordered a loaded Xlt in October. My dealer finally got one in the showroom a few weeks ago, drove it, exceeded my expectations. Just received the VIN on my order, anxiously awaiting delivery. After selling and owning many imports, I am convinced that Ford quality and reliability is equal, if not better than most. I say try it, you'll like it!

Very nice
By djc11 on 01/02/11 07:30 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After my recent purchase of the new 2011 explorer limited AWD, I'm very impressed with the vehicle and road capabilities. Travelled over the holidays in some snow and ice conditions in Ohio and the vehicle was very stable. This vehicle replaces a 2002 explorer eddie bauer, this new version is a very nice upgrade over the previous generations.

Great Job by Ford
By feels_good on 12/24/10 17:32 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving the new Explorer Limited Edition 600 miles, we are impressed by the features, smooth ride, and new body style. The MySync features are outstanding. This is definitely going to be a great seller for Ford!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Explorer Suv in VA is:

$89 per month*