2011 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
We Love it!
By jonics on 01/28/12 14:24 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Ford SUV in Dec. 2010 when we traded in a F150. The looks were pleasing and interior comfortable, the back seats folding down for cargo is a plus! On a very cold day the heated seats are great! At the beginning we had several issues with the phones not connecting, had to take it in several times for help with this issue and software updates. Seems to have cleared up. For those who say their phones don't connect all the time, I found a setting on my BB that fixed that. It says to auto connect instead of prompt and that took care of the problem. I do have problems with the clock changing time but it's not very often. I am happy with it so far.

Very Disappointed
By nancyo40 on 12/01/11 10:33 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 Ford Explorer this past summer and I love the look of it but as far as issues that's all I seem to have with it. Since day 1 I've had wind noise in my windshield and it may been on one side one day and on the other the next. I've had it in to 2 different Ford dealers which total 5 times plus I went into another dealer and they had no idea what's causing it as well. I've had everything possible changed including the entire windshield and it's still making noise but not constantly. Now it's back in the Ford shop for the windshield noise, my transmission also is not shifting correctly, a noise in my speedometer, and my MFT Navigation screen went blank the other day.

FIRST EVER FORD
By smallmouth on 11/06/11 14:55 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our first ever ford vehicle. 3 days later it was in the shop for a computer failure. One week later we got it back. So far 7000 miles later we haven't had any more problems. My ford touch wasn't a well thought out plan. I think Ford released it during the devolpment stage. The road noise is bad, I have a 2004 Dodge 2500 diesel that has less road noise that this thing.

Worthy of Luxury - Not your typical SUV
By arsenal1 on 08/16/11 20:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Explorer is outfitted with an incredible ride and a spacious interior marked with quality components. The electronics seem overwhelming at first with MYFORD TOUCH, but it is well worth it. The programing and ease of use is excellent, although I would not have said this on my first ride home from the dealership. Too much to play with it . . . .but functional. The SYNC system works efficiently and is a great feature.

will NEVER buy a ford again
By buyahonda on 08/03/11 09:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

this is HORRIBLE. the exterior is awesome but that is all you get. Too many blind spots...if we didn't have the back up camera we would have been in numerous accidents. the sync system sucks..blacksout/ resets/reboost itself out of now where. you definately need someone with you to operate any radio/ac controls or you will crash the car. it is worse then people trying to text while driving. major safety issues. our trunk door is attached improperly. has been in shop 3 times for sync system and the dealers have no idea how to fix. I get car sick everytime I sit in rear seats. 3rd row makes you feel like you are in a closet. recommend you place car seats and entire family in for test dr

Wait til the bugs are worked out!
By larryhat on 07/30/11 05:05 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Less that 5k miles and I have had problems with overheating and air conditioning. Both were resolved by dealer. MyTouch is problematic to say the least. Being computer savvy, I could not get the "upgrades" to install. Took it to my dealer and they had the same issues. The website is as useless as I have seen. Bluetooth phone adapter is no where near as good as the one I had in my F150. Everyone complains that they can't hear me...even though its the same phone as before!

2011 Explorer problems
By lj5 on 06/17/11 19:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have brought the car in 3 times so far for "software update" because the clock can't keep time accurately. Today after a routine oil change( the first) I was told that I had a leak in some hose or part that would take TWO WEEKS to get because it is backordered. Very disappointed in this car.

2011 Explorer
By david_tx on 04/19/11 04:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We ordered our XLT in January, and took delivery in early March. We have 5k miles on it now, and are very happy with it. The quality and comfort is much, much better than any Ford we have owned previously. Interior sound levels are wonderfully quiet, and ride is firm but comfortable. Stability is much better than previous explorer models. Seats are very comfortable -- even on long road trips. Rear seats (both rows) fold completely flat, which is perfect for loading cargo or hauling the family dog pack. The standard V6 has ample power, and we still get over 22 mpg with mostly highway driving. Good job, Ford!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.