Used 2011 Ford Explorer Limited Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Explorer

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

Fun to drive
By Ed Olds

2011 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a blast drive!
It's in Candy Apple with polished wheels and gets a lot of attention
Great storage
Huge brakes!
I would rate this car a ten!

Wake up Ford or I buy elsewhere!!
By Rita Brands

2011 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Too many people have problems with the shift to park signal on the Explorer!! I have always driven a Ford product for the last 40 years. If Ford doesn't do a recall on the shift to park problem then I am moving on!!!

Lemon - Ford doesn't fix customer complaints
By socalstacy

LEMON ALERT!!!!!
FORD has the WORST customer service in their repairs! I have a 2011 FORD Explorer that anytime I park for the last 3 weeks, it DOES NOT REGISTER that the car is on PARK and I turn off the ignition and the car chimes "SHIFT TO PARK" It's in park, and it does this repeatedly and I have to press in and out the black lever on the gear shift 10 or more times before it "registers" that the car is on park. I have a video of it on my phone, I took a picture of it when I parked at the dealership and they WILL NOT FIX IT because they can't get it to fault. This is NOT my issue alone, just search the internet for the number of people with this issues that DID NOT get fixed!!!!

Second row bucket seats and second row console. Heated and cooled front seats. Sunroof. Tow package.

Major overhaul...Had for 2 years and already had several non-recall "customer service" improvements suggested by Ford on it. Improve USB interface and that fact that is you use "shuffle" on a playlist it only works until you shut the engine off, each time you get into the car you have to reset shuffle to continue, otherwise it plays the playlist alphabetically by artist. Navigation sent me up the wrong streets because it lacks pinpointing your location, A/V ports continually tell me they are plugged in and to remove usb connections when I have nothing in the a/v (never have).

Beautiful vehicle, but in the shop on a regular basis
By jaholmes

2011 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2011 For Explorer Limited for 1 1/2 years. So far I have had to have the following replaced: Air-conditioning unit, back up camera, and a couple of modules (whatever those are.No one could explain it to me) and several trip to update the My Ford Touch (Which is completely unreliable) I just got it out of the shop last week and now my air-bag light is on. The earliest Jim Burke Ford in Bakersfield is able to make an appointment for me, is in 10 days! Whenever I have it in the shop, it is there for several days as they seem to have trouble figuring out how to fix it. I have problems with the Ford Touch responding slow. Don't know how much is the car or if it's incompetent service

Beautiful car, drives well

My Ford Touch

Lemon
By chuckerrx

2011 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm about to contact a lawyer about my 2011 Explorer Limited Lemon. I just spoke with a customer service manager at ford for my dealers district and was basically told tuff cookies! The MFT ( I can think of another word for the F instead of Ford) is junk. Goes black all the time and takes out the phone, stereo, nav, and climate controls. On a 100 degree day the MFT decided to turn on the heat and defrost full blast and there was no changing it until the car was off for awhile, nice. Ford said there might be an update fix in the first quarter of 2012. Might? might? great!