2010 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Transmission Problem

2010 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Transmission Problem
By JMF on

2010 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wish I had known Ford Explorers have transmission issues before I bought this vehicle. Loved it but immediately noticed that it was shifting at the appropriate time and when it did it was shifting very hard. Also makes a "clunk" sound when coming to a stop - again the transmission. So far the only thing the dealer can tell me is that they are waiting on Detroit to acknowledge the problem. Said they had this issue with 2 previous year models as well. Contacted customer care in Detroit and was told the vehicle was "functioning as designed". What? Will try to pursue resolution under the lemon law from here. Don't buy this vehicle!

Comfortable ride

Fix the transmission problems!
By sj69
on 07/20/11 15:05 PM (PDT)

Thank you for posting this!! I have had my 2010 Eddie Bauer Explorer in 5 times for transmission slipping and clunking! All they ever do is update the software. Sometimes it works and sometimes it comes back w/in days!! I am tired of taking it to the dealership for this problem and getting the same answer every time! I am going to go to the General Manager to see if he can do anything. If not, I'll be calling Ford myself. Other than that...I love my Explorer!!