Used 2010 Ford Explorer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

Cheap transmission
By Fred

2010 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

2010 explorer 14,000 miles transmission seems to slip, i should have done more research before buying this car. I wanted to buy American but i should have bought foreign unfortunately.

interior look

a real transmission. come on! i paid over 30k for what? where is the quality?

First new vehicle
By sqwash53

2010 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After years of vowing to never buy a new car I decided it was time. Has close to 6000 miles on it with no issues. I live in Germany so it's a monster over here but has no problem in the snowy winter here. Plenty of room for our 4 daughters and the sync is priceless. Drove it to Rome and was comfortable during the long drive. Just wish it got better MPG and had the option to get leather heated seats with the AWD. I love the exterior style (I hate cross overs)and the silver paint with black trim and 20" wheels complete the package. I'd buy it all over again.

The overall exterior, Sync, 20" rims w/black trim, 3rd row seat.

Add leather as an option for the sport, Fuel consumption not that great.

I got a LEMON
By Charlyn

2010 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We've been having a lot of electrical problems. We bought the car in April 2010 and had the first problem less than a month after. ABS Module no communication has been our problem. Problems include: Service RSC (roll stability control), interior signal lights not working, automatic pedal, DVD player, media sync, phone sync. Brought it into the shop I believe a total of 7 times and its still in the shop for the DVD and Sync system not working. A regional engineer worked on our car twice. Trying to get my problem resolved, I want my money back! Don't buy a Ford!

DVD player when it works. Leather seats. Media sync when it works.

Illuminating interior lights by speedometer area. Dual DVD player. Remote open trunk. Better electrical components.

Transmission Problem
By JMF

2010 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wish I had known Ford Explorers have transmission issues before I bought this vehicle. Loved it but immediately noticed that it was shifting at the appropriate time and when it did it was shifting very hard. Also makes a "clunk" sound when coming to a stop - again the transmission. So far the only thing the dealer can tell me is that they are waiting on Detroit to acknowledge the problem. Said they had this issue with 2 previous year models as well. Contacted customer care in Detroit and was told the vehicle was "functioning as designed". What? Will try to pursue resolution under the lemon law from here. Don't buy this vehicle!

Comfortable ride

Fix the transmission problems!

Great suv
By great suv

2010 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car in March only thing I didn't like no leather seats. After shipping around found a leather kit had it installed looks just it came from the factory. Lots of room really quit engine not as fast as mustang gt I traded but it gets me there. Love the adjustable gas and break pedals. Did a lot of looking but I think overall the explorer was the best bang for the buck.

quietness,adjustable pedals and the color love the copper color and best of all 0% interest for 72 months

can't think of a whole lot

• SUV