2010 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
2010 Design Quality Problems
By Farmerswife on 06/03/10 08:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 1st NEW vehicle in January. It has been in the shop 4 times. Problems with a high pitch noise coming from the gas pedal, power steering, Vacuum intake noise under passenger side, and a loose rattling noise in dashboard. Ford Engineers say the high pitch noise and vacuum are a design problem. Service dept has fixed power steering and working on rattle, not sure what engineers are working on. I love my explorer but the noises are driving me crazy. Hope Ford Engineers can recall or fix the intake problems of the noises.

3rd Explorer and going
By Richard on 05/13/10 00:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I start with a XL,then a XLT and now a Limited. I do not regret on each one. The best is the Limited

I am really happy
By Ammar on 04/18/10 23:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

i am bought my new explorer XLT last month and i am very happy and amazed from overall experience, i am living in Dubai , and the AC is perfect in our hot weather, it offroads better than my jeep wrangler 2007 in the desert .

Ford Explorer Limited
By Britt on 01/28/10 10:46 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I went from an Expedition to an Explorer Ltd. and I have been really happy with it. It is fun to drive, has enough cargo room for my dog crates when I go to dog shows and has a lot of zip to it! So far my gas mileage has been around 17 mpg and that isn't all highway driving and it's been under freezing the whole month of January. The Explorer is very sure footed and handled very well in the snow without even putting it into 4 wheel drive. So far I like it a lot!!

3rd Explorer - 2010 by far the best!
By Jen P on 01/09/10 12:14 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 2010 Explorer has been the best of my three, with better a quieter, better quality ride, better handling, and the new stuff like Sync and Sirius.

spoiled
By tim sturm on 12/29/09 14:34 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When Ford said "no" to gov money I decided to buy Ford.period. Traded our Lexus 350 for 2010 EB Explorer. After 35 days or so and 2600 mi Ford is in for engine repair. Wanting our 2005 Lex back: more comfort, more storage space,more convenience in door storage pockets and center console,overhead handles,etc etc. Willing to pay more for better experience.Really wanted to report Ford was better Still waiting on repair...sorry

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Explorer in VA is:

$121 per month*