2010 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
The last and best Explorer 4X4
By jblakus on 01/07/12 22:19 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Explorer has been on the road since 2/2011 with 16,200 miles. I got this model over the new 2011, because I want a true 4x4 Explorer. It drives smoothly and is very comfortable. The transmission is smooth in AWD and typical in high and low 4X4. The 3rd row sitting is nice to have, but I have never needed it yet .This is my second EB model and the features are better than ever. The only con is the gas mileage, but I knew about the lower mileage performance before buying it. If you want a true 4x4 Explorer, this is the model to get.

Transmission Problem
By JMF on 08/05/10 12:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wish I had known Ford Explorers have transmission issues before I bought this vehicle. Loved it but immediately noticed that it was shifting at the appropriate time and when it did it was shifting very hard. Also makes a "clunk" sound when coming to a stop - again the transmission. So far the only thing the dealer can tell me is that they are waiting on Detroit to acknowledge the problem. Said they had this issue with 2 previous year models as well. Contacted customer care in Detroit and was told the vehicle was "functioning as designed". What? Will try to pursue resolution under the lemon law from here. Don't buy this vehicle!

2010 Design Quality Problems
By Farmerswife on 06/03/10 08:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 1st NEW vehicle in January. It has been in the shop 4 times. Problems with a high pitch noise coming from the gas pedal, power steering, Vacuum intake noise under passenger side, and a loose rattling noise in dashboard. Ford Engineers say the high pitch noise and vacuum are a design problem. Service dept has fixed power steering and working on rattle, not sure what engineers are working on. I love my explorer but the noises are driving me crazy. Hope Ford Engineers can recall or fix the intake problems of the noises.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Explorer Suv in VA is:

$106 per month*