2010 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
My 2010 Explorer
By bobbyabby on 09/29/13 08:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2010 Explorer XLT has been awesome! I do not put a lot of miles on a vehicle (have 36,000 after 3 years) but I have only had to replace the battery & tires. I will say the Goodyear tires that came on the Explorer was almost bald after 35,000 miles- I was disappointed in the tires but replaced them with Michelin Tour brand and it rides even better, smooth as silk now. Leather seats & great lumbar support-excellent! Other than these issues the vehicle has no rattles and looks like new. The paint, body quality, interior, brakes etc. are excellent quality and I am more than happy. I plan to keep this one for 10 to 12 years total and have no doubt it will make it.

The last and best Explorer 4X4
By jblakus on 01/07/12 22:19 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Explorer has been on the road since 2/2011 with 16,200 miles. I got this model over the new 2011, because I want a true 4x4 Explorer. It drives smoothly and is very comfortable. The transmission is smooth in AWD and typical in high and low 4X4. The 3rd row sitting is nice to have, but I have never needed it yet .This is my second EB model and the features are better than ever. The only con is the gas mileage, but I knew about the lower mileage performance before buying it. If you want a true 4x4 Explorer, this is the model to get.

LIFE NOT MORE THAN 100,000 KMS
By shajan on 03/15/11 09:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

i was driving Japanese Four wheel drives. when i decided to buy an american car, i bought FORD EXPLORER 2007. immediately after 100,000 kms it started giving problems. first with the air conditioning system and had to replace the evaporator. at 115,000kms some cable system had to be replaced. then started the gear to slip and had to get it repaired. now again the air condition system started giving problems. the repairs are so expensive that i had already spent Dhs. 25,000/= on these repairs. am not at all happy with the vehicle. and shall never purchase any american vehicles.

The best Explorer to date
By Explorer on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Comfortable, goes anywhere, tows great, good steering, nicely equipped, good price. Much better vehicle than my brothers Rav4. His Rav4 is only averaging 18.8 mpg (ads say 24 mpg they are full of it) I am averaging 17.3 mpg and I am in a larger more comfortable vehicle, My Explorer is more comfortable under all conditions. There is no situation where I would take his Rav over my Explorer. They are both 2010 vehicles and Exp ~ $27000 Rav4 ~ $24000. I know people will say compare it to a Highlander but why the Explorer is the same size for less money so why spend 30000 plus and get exactly the same size vehicle. At least for my 3000 over the Rav I got a larger vehicle.

Cheap transmission
By Fred on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

2010 explorer 14,000 miles transmission seems to slip, i should have done more research before buying this car. I wanted to buy American but i should have bought foreign unfortunately.

First new vehicle
By sqwash53 on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After years of vowing to never buy a new car I decided it was time. Has close to 6000 miles on it with no issues. I live in Germany so it's a monster over here but has no problem in the snowy winter here. Plenty of room for our 4 daughters and the sync is priceless. Drove it to Rome and was comfortable during the long drive. Just wish it got better MPG and had the option to get leather heated seats with the AWD. I love the exterior style (I hate cross overs)and the silver paint with black trim and 20" wheels complete the package. I'd buy it all over again.

I got a LEMON
By Charlyn on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We've been having a lot of electrical problems. We bought the car in April 2010 and had the first problem less than a month after. ABS Module no communication has been our problem. Problems include: Service RSC (roll stability control), interior signal lights not working, automatic pedal, DVD player, media sync, phone sync. Brought it into the shop I believe a total of 7 times and its still in the shop for the DVD and Sync system not working. A regional engineer worked on our car twice. Trying to get my problem resolved, I want my money back! Don't buy a Ford!

Transmission Problem
By JMF on 08/05/10 12:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wish I had known Ford Explorers have transmission issues before I bought this vehicle. Loved it but immediately noticed that it was shifting at the appropriate time and when it did it was shifting very hard. Also makes a "clunk" sound when coming to a stop - again the transmission. So far the only thing the dealer can tell me is that they are waiting on Detroit to acknowledge the problem. Said they had this issue with 2 previous year models as well. Contacted customer care in Detroit and was told the vehicle was "functioning as designed". What? Will try to pursue resolution under the lemon law from here. Don't buy this vehicle!

Great suv
By great suv on 07/07/10 05:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car in March only thing I didn't like no leather seats. After shipping around found a leather kit had it installed looks just it came from the factory. Lots of room really quit engine not as fast as mustang gt I traded but it gets me there. Love the adjustable gas and break pedals. Did a lot of looking but I think overall the explorer was the best bang for the buck.

Satellite radio and Tranny problems
By LazyMazy on 06/30/10 12:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd brand new "Explorer" and I have to say I am very disappointed with the 2010. I have had it in the shop twice already for Satellite radio and 911 assist problems. I have also had it in for Transmission problems. I traded in my 2003 Explorer which had transmission problems for a 2010 that has transmission problems.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Explorer Suv in VA is:

$121 per month*