Used 2010 Ford Explorer XLT Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Explorer

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

2010 Explorer long-term review!
By golf

2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought XLT used in 2012 w/16384 mi. turned 70k today! No problems to speak of. The 2010 is the last model year of this style before the new/current style came out in 2011, so you'd think most every problem was worked out by 2010 :>) I bought a battery 1/16 to rpl orig. Replaced radiator cap too. Oh, and one set of tires around 50k is all.
MPG rating of 14/20 is wrong - I consistently get 17.5 mpg around town [ in New England] and hwy is 23+mpg...!
All around excellent SUV; comfort, 7 passenger, rear AC, 4WD etc...
The 200hp V6 is a very good engine. What it 'might' lack in [V8-like] power, it makes up for in mpg and all other areas. And you feel safe driving it! What's your life worth, right :>)

My 2010 Explorer
By bobbyabby

2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2010 Explorer XLT has been awesome! I do not put a lot of miles on a vehicle (have 36,000 after 3 years) but I have only had to replace the battery & tires. I will say the Goodyear tires that came on the Explorer was almost bald after 35,000 miles- I was disappointed in the tires but replaced them with Michelin Tour brand and it rides even better, smooth as silk now. Leather seats & great lumbar support-excellent! Other than these issues the vehicle has no rattles and looks like new. The paint, body quality, interior, brakes etc. are excellent quality and I am more than happy. I plan to keep this one for 10 to 12 years total and have no doubt it will make it.

Interior, smooth ride, great quality, great lumbar support.

Tires- wish they had been better quality than the Goodyear radials that were gone at 35,000 miles.

Great suv
By great suv

2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car in March only thing I didn't like no leather seats. After shipping around found a leather kit had it installed looks just it came from the factory. Lots of room really quit engine not as fast as mustang gt I traded but it gets me there. Love the adjustable gas and break pedals. Did a lot of looking but I think overall the explorer was the best bang for the buck.

quietness,adjustable pedals and the color love the copper color and best of all 0% interest for 72 months

can't think of a whole lot