2009 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Love this truck
By richard glynn on 07/19/10 17:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought truck with 18,000 miles runs great put 9000 miles on it myself enough room for my three kids and the dog. SYNC is great hands free driving.

First Rate!
By Tom on 07/13/10 07:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my company vehicle that I got to choose. Prior to this I had a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer. This is by far a better vehicle, better style, greater comfort, and a solid build. I've put on 16,000 miles so far and have had no problems. The 4x4 works great, especially the automatic 4x4, you normally won't feel it engage and the traction control works very well off road. The independent suspension all around does a great job on washboard gravel roads. My trailblazer would be bouncing sideways in the same conditions. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Explorer to anyone needing a capable all road vehicle. Too bad they're changing it into a crossover soon, what a shame!

high pitched noise 2009
By high pithed noise on 04/13/10 14:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We haven't had this new vehicle but 6 month already we hear a high pitched noise that is so loud that everyone stares. You would expect to see a clunker for the noise that is heard. We have taken it to the dealership but the noise goes away. We will soon be driving 2000 miles and am afraid for our safety. The mechanics at Ford simply took off wheels and put them back on only to have the same noise. They should investigate this problem or do more.

**FANTASTIC**
By Bob on 02/07/10 15:50 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This Ford Explorer is the best car we have ever owned. We before owned a crappy Chrysler minivan. We bought the Eddie Bauer which had every feature. One of the nicest middle class suvs you could buy.

09 Explorer- Meets expectations!
By Steve on 07/08/09 09:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We wanted a vehicle that could tow 5000lbs, seat 7, be comfortable, have nice amenities, drive nicely, got decent gas mileage, and over-all be a nice family vehicle. Our 2009 Explore E.B. has met all of that, and done so in surprisingly good fashion. I like it, wife loves it, kids approve, dog wags its tail evertime whe jumps in also, win, win, win, win!

Great Car
By David Smtih on 06/12/09 09:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced a Pilot that's transmission clunked out on me at 65,000 miles. Thus I'm giving the domestics another chance, impressed so far with seven months of ownership and 7,000 miles.

Fun to drive
By Medar Cabello on 12/30/08 14:13 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

For those of you that needs space, power and a pleasent ride, the Explorer is an excellent choice for the price. It's very fun to drive. Poor gas mileage in the city but good enough in highways considering the V8

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Explorer Suv in VA is:

$125 per month*